Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation: lost control in yesterday's New England nor'easter and my front right tire hit a curb pretty hard. Wheels are completely out of alignment, cannot steer normally at all. Damage to tire sidewall and rim as well.

Long story short: I got roadside assistance from AAA and had it brought a local repair shop. Waiting to get estimate before deciding what to do next. My insurance does not cover car rental.

However, I'm re-considering another option, which is to have the car towed to LR dealership. They would provide free towing and also a loaner. I am guessing however that the repair estimate from LR would be much higher than the local repair shop, negating any benefits I may realize from the free towing and loaner.

Anybody have any thoughts/advice? I'm waiting to hear back from the repair shop within 24 hrs and need to figure out my next step.

thanks, JT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you have a collision insurance? If so, wouldn't be the repair covered by that? So does the price difference matter at that point?

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you declined CDW/PDW credit cards offer insurance as well.
Check your card company's stance on which level of coverage you may be afforded.
Some cards are primary coverage which means your personal auto insurance is not affected, while other cards offer only secondary coverage which means after your auto insurance goes into effect, the card company pays for any fees or deductibles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all. It's still at the local repair shop. LR dealership quoted something significantly higher. I do have collision insurance, but was worried that with a LR bill being so high, it would adversely affect my future premium. So I decided to leave it with the local repair shop, which I'm now regretting since they are going to take longer to fix the car. And I have no loaner now, either, . . . so Uberring it to the commuter rail station these days.

UGH, hate not having a car!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I’m so glad I took the time to really shop car insurance. I don’t have to worry about a claim, no matter the amount, bumping up my premiums.
Good luck to you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts