Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A photo of my 2019 HSE in its natural environment - sitting motionless in the driveway. After a year and 4 months ownership, I'm just 200 miles shy of 6,000 miles. There's just nowhere to go. If not for a trip to central PA, and 2 trips each to OBX, the Delaware beaches, and the family farm in KY, I'd probably be reaching for 5,000 miles.
IMG_2646.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you're just itching to go SOMEWHERE, my recommendation is to just find your nearest National Forest or Grassland, download the USFS map, and hit the road. The great thing about national forests and grasslands is that, with a few exceptions, you can just camp ANYWHERE in them. So you just go to them, drive around till you find a place you like, and hang out. Love it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had my 2019 since June and put almost 3K miles on it. Sometimes, it's just fun to take a ride to nowhere in particular. Now, if I really want to ramp up the excitement, I load up the bins and head to the recycling center! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had my 2019 since June and put almost 3K miles on it. Sometimes, it's just fun to take a ride to nowhere in particular. Now, if I really want to ramp up the excitement, I load up the bins and head to the recycling center! :)
i spent this entire last weekend deliberately driving every FS-designated road and trail in the LBJ National Grasslands outside Dallas. Took me 2 days and a full tank of gas. Great fun, completely pointless. I just layered in the latest USFS map into Gaia GPS and hit the road. LBJ is dispersed across a wide area, interspersed with private land and oil leases, so a lot of the marked roads weren't accessible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A photo of my 2019 HSE in its natural environment - sitting motionless in the driveway. After a year and 4 months ownership, I'm just 200 miles shy of 6,000 miles. There's just nowhere to go. If not for a trip to central PA, and 2 trips each to OBX, the Delaware beaches, and the family farm in KY, I'd probably be reaching for 5,000 miles. View attachment 7555 View attachment 7555

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks just like my 2018. Mine’s got a tan interior. Like that better than black. Just turned 12k. It’s my third car, so able to keep the mileage down. Planning on buying it out of the lease in Feb. Considering blacking it out, but not sure yet about total cost. Big $$$ would be the wheels. Whether to powder coat mine, or possibly pick up a set of used ones.
Get a lot of compliments on the car. 👍👌

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My other car is a 2001 Jeep Cherokee (the real Cherokee) that I've put 152k miles on. The DS is fully optioned, except for adaptive cruise control. Adding in that was just a financial bridge too far. I still drive the Jeep occasionally, and love it when I get a Jeep wave from a huge, fully tricked out Wrangler. I get complements on the DS, too. Most recently a couple of weekends ago, a valet parker said "Man, I love these cars" as he handed me the key fob. I like the Fuji white but every car I've owned has been white. I live in the South. From May through September the temperature difference inside a white car vs a dark car is notable. My only complaint? I wish there were more AT tire options for 18" wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My other car is a 2001 Jeep Cherokee (the real Cherokee) that I've put 152k miles on. The DS is fully optioned, except for adaptive cruise control. Adding in that was just a financial bridge too far. I still drive the Jeep occasionally, and love it when I get a Jeep wave from a huge, fully tricked out Wrangler. I get complements on the DS, too. Most recently a couple of weekends ago, a valet parker said "Man, I love these cars" as he handed me the key fob. I like the Fuji white but every car I've owned has been white. I live in the South. From May through September the temperature difference inside a white car vs a dark car is notable. My only complaint? I wish there were more AT tire options for 18" wheels.
there are a lot of options for AT tires with the 18” wheels. Anything up to 30.5” tall will fit. I have 265/60R18 on it right now. At that size you can get pretty much anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts