Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm a new owner of a 2017 Discovery Sport. I haven't yet owned her for a week. I do have a question though. I missed some turns this week while driving in an unfamiliar area. I was using navigation, which works fine. However, I received a phone call that connected through bluetooth and the voice guidance prompts did not break in to let me know when I needed to turn. I am used to getting voice prompts from Nav in previous (other makes/models) vehicles while on the phone. Is there a setting that I am missing that can turn this feature on or is it just how it works in the Discovery Sport?

Thanks,
Deb

·
Registered
590 Posts
You should be getting upcoming turn notifications in your vehicle information screen (in between the two big round gauges) when you are getting close to having to make a turn. It's a very handy feature.

I have voice guidance turned down because I find it annoying. So I can't help you there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
A phone call mutes the stereo speakers when listening to anything.
Since navigation sounds are thru the speakers, it's natural to have the voice prompts muted.
To prevent this from happening, turn on the navigation screen on the center main display to view the next turn coming up.
Also, the instrument cluster smaller display should show the next turn coming up visually.
So it's normal to not hear the Navigation while on the phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I will have to figure out how to show the nav screen on the instrument cluster to avoid missing a turn. I was hoping that it was a setting since Bluetooth connected music, podcasts, etc are interrupted with the voice prompts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you do not hear the Guiding system voice while you are on the phone.... then you might see the direction on the screen where you have to turn to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts