Discovery Sport Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a car for 5 days, with map version 26.1.9755 and I see through the updater that there is a newer version 26.3.9846.
However, in order to download it I would need to pay $120USD.... Is this stuff covered under warranty? My dealer is clueless....
Any suggestions?
The cost to upgrade is on your dime.
Don't go to service - they will charge you for the upgrade plus installation labor.

Go visit your Parts dept and pay them - they will then register the purchase with JLR.
If you ask nicely, the parts person may just perform the update for you....

·
Registered
39 Posts
The technology package has created a serious case of buyer's remorse and i haven't made the first payment. The Navigation system doesn't even rank as sub-par. I wouldn't recommend using the Map Updater. It has no user functionality, and the navigation system would not re-initiate when the SD card was re-installed in the vehicle. I guess i'm lucky this 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport rattles like my 50' Chevy truck, at least that keeps my mind of the seriously inadequate navigation system.
The map updated works as expected, at least on my Mac running Sierra. No problem updating and no problem with recognizing updated SD by DS

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have car for 10 days and over the weekend I found out the mapping data is outdated. The updater wants $120 for a newer version of the data. Seriously? I sent an email to LR customer relationship with this, I wonder what their reply is going to be ...

In any case I found quite hilarious LR doesn't provide free map updates at least during the vehicle warranty. That's pretty cheap ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tried using the map updater last year but for some strange reason it would not run on my computer (windows 7) so I phoned the dealer today and they say they can not supply a new sd card and to phone navtec who say they do not have listing for our car. Oh and to go to the dealer. So I downloaded the map updater and it runs on my windows 10 computer. Now I am worried that if something happens the the card during the upgrade where will I find a new sd card LOL. First is the update worth it? How current are new roadway and POI s ? How long does it take with high speed internet.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I updated my maps last year using the updater app on my Mac.. tried to do it again with the new update the Navi is prompting me for, but I couldn’t find the link anywhere.

Called the dealer and they said you have to bring it in now to do it.
Lame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 48 of 48 Posts