Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have 2016 DS with Navigation system, can anyone please tell me if it has a detour option? I've tried the manual but don't see it. Thanks in advance and appreciate your input.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't recall seeing a detour option (though had it with my Infiniti).

I'll check on my way home to see if I can find it...

M

·
0 Posts
Just spent quite a bit of time looking for a detour option (you run across an accident/work zone and want the GPS to calculate a route around it). After much searching, no bueno... My Inifiniti had it, what not the fancy Land Rover????

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Car has a detour option just not called detour. Go into the nav settings and tick all options and the car will take you around accidents etc.

M

·
0 Posts
Car has a detour option just not called detour. Go into the nav settings and tick all options and the car will take you around accidents etc.
Saw, that, but it isn't quite the same. That will reroute you under certain circumstances that the nav sees. But, won't allow for you to find another route should you stumble across something the nav system isn't aware of (recent accident, heavy traffic, etc.). The system in my Infiniti would recalculate another route under any circumstances (even if you just wanted to for the heck of it;)

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
If I want to change route I just do and then let the "route recalculating" go into overdrive. After a short while it does actually recalculate LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I found this on the website:
InControl Touch navigation makes planning journeys and following routes easy thanks to turn-by-turn voice guidance, junction view and 3D maps. Set your destination with a few taps, or simply speak a command. The system will then allow you to choose the fastest or most economical route7. Once you are on your way, live traffic capability offers redirection if a quicker route arises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts