Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DS with Meridian upgrade.
I connected through USB an hard disk with more than 10k songs.
The problem is that navigating through folders with touchscreen functionalities is really uncomfortable.
The alphabet index on top of the (small) screen is disabled when I choose folders, and also basic functions like moving to parent folder is unavailable (or unknown to me).
Also response time, moving up and down with the slide on the left of the screen is very long.
Does anybody have suggestions to improve usability?

Thank you a lot

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine moves well. It also lists by song or artist instead of by folders.

I made folders on my hard drive to act as play lists. So I have some songs on the drive two times.

I also have a buffalo air NAS 1 tb hard drive. It is quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try to explain with some more details.
If I choose "playlist" I get the list and on top of the screen, I can use letters to go quickly to the right one.
If I choose "folders" I get the list (even though it is very slow) but letters on top of the screen are disabled (grey) and cannot be used.

Another problem is moving through folders: If I am in an inner folder, I am not able to go to the parent one. Only chance is to restart with folder selection (the root directory), and wait, etc etc.

I do not see any difference between FAT32 or NTFS (even though in the manual it's written that NTFS is not supported).

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts