Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives ?? My Audi A6 played them all just fine, but DS doesn't recognizes my CDR discs with mp3 files.... All are quality rips at High (320) and some at Variable rate.... what are the specs for reading mp3 files in DS?
Is the player limited to certain bit rate ?? Size of file ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was actually surprised by your comment, since all of the DS at a few local dealerships I was checking out did have the CD Player..... after some reading seems CD Player isn't standard in EU.
In the USA I believe all of them come with a CDP....

Still a bit surprise that my unit won't play my old CDs....I guess I will just copy the context over to a memory stick

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
Haven't seen one with a cd player but they probably are out there. Did you burn the CD as a music disk or a data disk??? My old Merc would only recognize mp3s on a data disk.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
burned them long time ago...before cars could read memory sticks....all are mp3 files so this is data....5+ hrs per disc

M

·
0 Posts
No CD player for me either. Actually easier to drop a whole bunch of files - MP3s in my case - on a flash drive anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 64 gig USB drive that stays plugged into the center console storage loaded with tunes. It works flawlessly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts