Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it had to happen eventually, and I don't even have 5,000 miles on the clock - but got my first door ding:mad:! And, it isn't just a ding - but a swath about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long - white paint and two dents!! Unfortunately I didn't notice it (passenger side) until I left the parking lot, but know exactly when/where it happened. I guess that's a good thing, because had I noticed I'm not sure I would have been able to control my frustration with the idiot who did it...:eek:.

I was able to remove almost all of the paint with some effort, but am left with two dents. One is relatively small, but the other looks like it may have a bit of a crease. I'm hoping that one of these paintless dent repair places can fix it...Aaaaargh!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually do as well - but didn't have that option at that location....Aaaargh (still angry in case you wondered:mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear that MGLarry :(, I know well how it feels, had this same exact bad experience years ago with my Rover 216 - was 4 months old when it got a hit and run in a parking lot by a ******* - no note left or anything like that - My insurance had to pick up the damage of a completely new driver side door :( - hopefully they can fix yours without replacing it.
Since then I really try to stay away from other parked cars and watch closely the nearby cars when I parked (Try to memorize just in case) - this is all that we left with...

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you don't want to report the claim to your insurance company - especially if you have to pay the deductible, consider having one of the dent removal services take care of it on your own.

I had a similar dent on my hood from a flying chunk of truck tire whilst on the freeway.
Got a local person who specialized in the dent removal.
They "massaged" out the dent from the underside with specialized hand tools, then laser scanned for surface irregularities, then buffed the paint so that it merged well between the scratches. Looked like new and resold the car like new and got a lot more out of it instead of selling with a dent....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They "massaged" out the dent from the underside with specialized hand tools, then laser scanned for surface irregularities, then buffed the paint so that it merged well between the scratches. Looked like new and resold the car like new and got a lot more out of it instead of selling with a dent....
I'm hoping that the "paintless" dent guys around here can do the same. We have quite a few hail storms that can cause quite a bit of damage, so there should be a good selection of dent experts to choose from ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts