Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes - got them from eBay - be careful and ensure you get the 5-seat or the 5+2 ones in rear, they are different based on the muffler location.

·
Registered
122 Posts
No mud flaps because they take away from how good the disco looks. Plus how often are you going to need what it does? Where about do you drive?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Depends on the climate where you live but I would leave them off if possible. I think they make the Disco look worse. At least take them on and off depending on the season and conditions.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agreed. I have them but decided not to install. I wonder if they would look better painted same color as body.

·
Registered
122 Posts
FWIW, I ordered mud flaps today for the Disco I have on order. Based on comments here I was debating whether or not I should get them.

But they are actually not that large and conspicuous. Regarding the body color comment, I actually think they look better in black since the lower panel of all Disco's are black.
Glad to hear that, which should convince more to look into getting them since due to how bulky some look... it turns people off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FWIW, I ordered mud flaps today for the Disco I have on order. Based on comments here I was debating whether or not I should get them.

But they are actually not that large and conspicuous. Regarding the body color comment, I actually think they look better in black since the lower panel of all Disco's are black.

I had all lower parts including partial front and rear bumpers of my disco painted to match body color

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive occasionally on gravel roads and before having the mud flaps installed I had my trailer's front lights smashed by pebbles. And of course a more muddy car after driving on wet road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Easy install - just a screwdriver is sufficient. I did add some double-sided tape to ensure tight attachment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Easy install - just a screwdriver is sufficient. I did add some double-sided tape to ensure tight attachment.
Did you buy Land Rover, OEM mudflaps thru ebay? Or did you get the third party version. I see ones from China that are only $50 or so on ebay . . was wondering if there was a big difference in quality.

·
Registered
36 Posts
agreed. I have them but decided not to install. I wonder if they would look better painted same color as body.
What do yours look like? I'm probably going to add them since I'm in sand and muck at times. It'll keep the stuff on my wheel-less trailer cleaner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts