Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
The fuel gauge fix is software
My dealer wanted to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel sending unit. I told him that I heard it was a software issue. He got a little testy and said...
thats what everyone always thiinks. and..you cant always trust what you read. I laughed at him and sent him all the bulletin numbers he needed to handle the problems I need handled. So if that bulletin says its a software fix, they better do a software fix and not a fuel sending unit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi guys, I need your opinions before I call the dealer back again for the possible 4th visit in 1 1/2 months:

I picked up my DS from the dealer this morning, it was in for a possible 2nd row rattle and bunch of other stuff. When I brought the car in, I asked them to check for the fuel gauge issue (LTB000830NAS1). They did find something, and here is what they did:

======================================
CAUSE: 889003 INSTRUMENT PACK - SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS

INCLUDES CONFIGURATION OF NEW ECU

PART#: LR073349

INST CLUSTER SOFTWARE UPDATED INS CLUSTER SOFTWARE AS PER BULL LTB00830 ADDITIONAL TUNE FK72-14C088-DA ADDED FOR THIS ISSUE

By looking at the description, it looks like they replaced the instrument panel (I checked the part is the "Instrument Cluster"), new ECU (???), and flashed software fix.

Here is what I am worried:
Right after I picked up the car and started driving, the Intelligent Stop/Start no longer works!

My DS usually has the auto stop/start kick in pretty normal when it stops at red light, but today after the fix the feature never kicks in. I then intentionally turned off the AC and radio, still no auto stop/start. The auto stop/start indicator is on in the center console button, when I pressed the button on or off, the instrument panel did say either Intelligent stop/start on or off correctly, but again the feature never clicked in every stop.

Is this the new ECU fault? or the Instrument Cluster fault? or the software they flashed is bad?

Thanks guy!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, after a few hours of missing in action, the Intelligent Stop/Start somehow started working again last night. But I have to say it used to kick in all the time, even with climate control on. Now it is like only works occasionally.

Now the engine stops a bit late after I step on the break panel (used to be instant), and I do have to step on harder in order to get the auto stop kicks in. When I was testing it yesterday, I did have to turn off the AC sometimes to get it to work. I did not experience any of these before the fix.

Somehow I like this unexpected change, since we feel the normal behavior is a bit intrusive. :) Maybe I am trying to comfort myself here...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I need your opinions before I call the dealer back again for the possible 4th visit in 1 1/2 months:

I picked up my DS from the dealer this morning, it was in for a possible 2nd row rattle and bunch of other stuff. When I brought the car in, I asked them to check for the fuel gauge issue (LTB000830NAS1). They did find something, and here is what they did:

CAUSE: 889003 INSTRUMENT PACK - SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS

INCLUDES CONFIGURATION OF NEW ECU

PART#: LR073349

INST CLUSTER SOFTWARE UPDATED INS CLUSTER SOFTWARE AS PER BULL LTB00830 ADDITIONAL TUNE FK72-14C088-DA ADDED FOR THIS ISSUE

By looking at the description, it looks like they replaced the instrument panel (I checked the part is the "Instrument Cluster"), new ECU (???), and flashed software fix.

Here is what I am worried:
Right after I picked up the car and started driving, the Intelligent Stop/Start no longer works!

My DS usually has the auto stop/start kick in pretty normal when it stops at red light, but today after the fix the feature never kicks in. I then intentionally turned off the AC and radio, still no auto stop/start. The auto stop/start indicator is on in the center console button, when I pressed the button on or off, the instrument panel did say either Intelligent stop/start on or off correctly, but again the feature never clicked in every stop.

Is this the new ECU fault? or the Instrument Cluster fault? or the software they flashed is bad?

Thanks guy!

I had the Auto Stop problem after the Instrument Cluster/ECU install 3 days ago but it cleared up after a day and is now ok.
But did the install fix your petrol gauge problem? I have the same thing, where the 18.5 gallon tank says empty but I can only get 13.5 gallons in.
Thx,
KevLr

·
Registered
78 Posts
Took delivery of my Discovery Sport one week ago. Love it! However... I've been averaging, according to both my own accounting and the onboard computer's data, twelve miles per gallon. And I've been driving it in "Economy" mode! Yikes. Anyone else experiencing this? Something is definitely amiss.
I can get 35-40 around town and about 45+ on the motorway, (diesel engine however). Do basic checks such as air filter, fuel filter and brakes (may be binding). Petrols are generally more thirsty of course.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, after a few hours of missing in action, the Intelligent Stop/Start somehow started working again last night. But I have to say it used to kick in all the time, even with climate control on. Now it is like only works occasionally.

Now the engine stops a bit late after I step on the break panel (used to be instant), and I do have to step on harder in order to get the auto stop kicks in. When I was testing it yesterday, I did have to turn off the AC sometimes to get it to work. I did not experience any of these before the fix.

Somehow I like this unexpected change, since we feel the normal behavior is a bit intrusive. :) Maybe I am trying to comfort myself here...
Sounds like battery

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
629 Posts
I can get 35-40 around town and about 45+ on the motorway, so there's something wrong somewhere. You need to plug in a diagnostic code reader to check for faults. Do basic checks such as air filter, fuel filter and brakes (may be binding).
If you take a look you will see the owner has a gas engine using US gallons.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts