Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Our DS is still in its "running-in" period, so the driving style is still very "gentle". We have been driving on both city/highway, with ECO mode and Intelligent Stop/Start on. So far the best we got is 18.9 mpg. Not so good.

We use Costco premium gas. I wonder if using more expensive name-brand premium gas would make a difference.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Our DS is still in its "running-in" period, so the driving style is still very "gentle". We have been driving on both city/highway, with ECO mode and Intelligent Stop/Start on. So far the best we got is 18.9 mpg. Not so good.

We use Costco premium gas. I wonder if using more expensive name-brand premium gas would make a difference.
Update: currently the average MPG is 20 ~ 21. It has improved but not close to the advertised 22 mix driving. The running-in/break-in period is almost over, I am sure the MPG is going to drop once I start driving "normally".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi guys, I need your opinions before I call the dealer back again for the possible 4th visit in 1 1/2 months:

I picked up my DS from the dealer this morning, it was in for a possible 2nd row rattle and bunch of other stuff. When I brought the car in, I asked them to check for the fuel gauge issue (LTB000830NAS1). They did find something, and here is what they did:

======================================
CAUSE: 889003 INSTRUMENT PACK - SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS

INCLUDES CONFIGURATION OF NEW ECU

PART#: LR073349

INST CLUSTER SOFTWARE UPDATED INS CLUSTER SOFTWARE AS PER BULL LTB00830 ADDITIONAL TUNE FK72-14C088-DA ADDED FOR THIS ISSUE
======================================

By looking at the description, it looks like they replaced the instrument panel (I checked the part is the "Instrument Cluster"), new ECU (???), and flashed software fix.

Here is what I am worried:
Right after I picked up the car and started driving, the Intelligent Stop/Start no longer works!

My DS usually has the auto stop/start kick in pretty normal when it stops at red light, but today after the fix the feature never kicks in. I then intentionally turned off the AC and radio, still no auto stop/start. The auto stop/start indicator is on in the center console button, when I pressed the button on or off, the instrument panel did say either Intelligent stop/start on or off correctly, but again the feature never clicked in every stop.

Is this the new ECU fault? or the Instrument Cluster fault? or the software they flashed is bad?

Thanks guy!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wish my stop start did't work, save me turning it off all the time.
Yeah! If this fault does not cause safety issues or other complications, I will leave it AS IS until the warranty is almost expired. :D

But I still would like to figure out if this really is a fault caused by the fixes they did.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, after a few hours of missing in action, the Intelligent Stop/Start somehow started working again last night. But I have to say it used to kick in all the time, even with climate control on. Now it is like only works occasionally.

Now the engine stops a bit late after I step on the break panel (used to be instant), and I do have to step on harder in order to get the auto stop kicks in. When I was testing it yesterday, I did have to turn off the AC sometimes to get it to work. I did not experience any of these before the fix.

Somehow I like this unexpected change, since we feel the normal behavior is a bit intrusive. :) Maybe I am trying to comfort myself here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts