Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Took delivery of my Discovery Sport one week ago. Love it! However... I've been averaging, according to both my own accounting and the onboard computer's data, twelve miles per gallon. And I've been driving it in "Economy" mode! Yikes. Anyone else experiencing this? Something is definitely amiss.
I can get 35-40 around town and about 45+ on the motorway, (diesel engine however). Do basic checks such as air filter, fuel filter and brakes (may be binding). Petrols are generally more thirsty of course.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, after a few hours of missing in action, the Intelligent Stop/Start somehow started working again last night. But I have to say it used to kick in all the time, even with climate control on. Now it is like only works occasionally.

Now the engine stops a bit late after I step on the break panel (used to be instant), and I do have to step on harder in order to get the auto stop kicks in. When I was testing it yesterday, I did have to turn off the AC sometimes to get it to work. I did not experience any of these before the fix.

Somehow I like this unexpected change, since we feel the normal behavior is a bit intrusive. :) Maybe I am trying to comfort myself here...
Sounds like battery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts