Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly in Canada no Manufacture makes oil that meets the Land Rover spec or the Ford spec for that matter either (Ford engine and Ford Canada does not have the same spec as in Europe)

So the only choice to keep it 100% in spec is buy oil directly from dealer or to use either Motul oil or Total oil ( both with limited availability). Has any one used either oil and would you recommend either as being better.

This is for the petrol engine made by Ford in I believe Spain???

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did an oil change today using Motul 8100 eco energy 5w - 30 oil. Actually has the Land Rover Jaguar spec on the container. Car seems so much quieter and powerful , of course after spending money we all expect that:laugh: I also installed a Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter as well.

Cost a few dollars more for the 5 litre container at the parts store than some other oil that did not meet the specs.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly I have not driven very far so far this year, to really see if the oil makes a difference. But looking at the fuel economy numbers for Jan to end of June for the past 3 years and this year I see a difference. Luckily for the better, averages out to be a savings of almost 1L/100KM. Planned a 6000KM trip this June but the covid 19 changed that but will try a 1000KM jaunt to see how the oil performs on a trip, all in the mountains . Engine still feels smoother and quieter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts