Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here installed a mobile radio in their Disco Sport? Looking for ideas about location, antenna mounting, wire routing, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed an Icom VHF/UHF radio in my DS Sport. Radio in with the spare tyre and the head on the dash with velcro. Initially mounted the antenna at the rear off the roof rack mount (no racks installed) but found horrendous VHF noise and insufficient carpark clearance for around town. After some testing relocated the antenna to the LHS bonnet hinge and bingo all good. Front to back cable runs through the door sills. Photos elsewhere in this forum. 3RU

·
Registered
43 Posts
CB Radio here, mounted on the drivers side footwell. I installed the Firestik antenna on a Diamond K700 on the aluminium rear tailgate. I was deciding between hood mount (3ft ant) and tailgate mount (4ft ant), but I ended up going with latter for it’s greater length.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CB Radio here, mounted on the drivers side footwell. I installed the Firestik antenna on a Diamond K700 on the aluminium rear tailgate. I was deciding between hood mount (3ft ant) and tailgate mount (4ft ant), but I ended up going with latter for it’s greater length.
Do you have pictures? where did you run the antenna wire?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts