Discovery Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey guys, just to provide an update here. after 2 months went quiet, I called JLR north America asked about the $300 voucher I was entitled to. they checked and told me it was mailed out on 8/31 and that I should be getting it within the week. I also called my local dealer to follow up on the cargo cover was told they are receiving them this Friday. I already made appointment for the install on the same day.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey guys, just to provide an update here. after 2 months went quiet, I called JLR north America asked about the $300 voucher I was entitled to. they checked and told me it was mailed out on 8/31 and that I should be getting it within the week. I also called my local dealer to follow up on the cargo cover was told they are receiving them this Friday. I already made appointment for the install on the same day.
You're getting a cargo cover? I was told they don't ship standard with the 2015 DS.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I received a letter from JLR back in July stating that my car (US launch edition) was supposed to come with the cover. the letter asked me to contact my local dealer to arrange one to be installed. if you look in previous pages, you would see the letter I attached.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I received a letter from JLR back in July stating that my car (US launch edition) was supposed to come with the cover. the letter asked me to contact my local dealer to arrange one to be installed. if you look in previous pages, you would see the letter I attached.
I didn't get such a letter. :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my Discovery 2016 and there is no cargo cover included. The dealer offered to have one delivered at a cost of $495. ($531 incl tax)
So Disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have bad info. The oil change is maybe $100 (full synthetic, filter, etc). The $300 is to use anyway you like at the dealership for parts or service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was duped by the dealership thinking the sun shade was the cover. 3 weeks later I'm still going back and forth with them on getting a rear cargo cover. Its getting ridiculous!

The local dealership is asking over $700 for this-- for something that is included in most every other luxury brand SUV.

DiscoDisco have you made any headway with JLR?

If anyone is interested in purchasing a new retractable cargo cover from the UK I may have a source at a lower cost than what has been quoted in this thread...
Send me a message and I'll give you details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2016 DS didn't come with it and the salesperson was open and honest about this during the sale. In the US, Niello Land Rover (DISCOVERY SPORT Accessories (2015 & UP): Land Rover Rocklin-Niello Land Rover Dealer-California) has the best prices I've seen. My local dealer wanted to charge me $631 and I got it at $416 through the price match. Seems like a pretty good profit maker for them... and felt like a huge rip off to me, but I live in a major city and a car break-in was a sure thing without this.

The cover I got is nicely made, but it does take some maneuvering around the 3rd row seatbelts every time I open or close it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had ordered it from factory and the cost is 150$ on the order form... It says "Cargo Area Cover" . Are we talking about the same cover?

Planning to get my car next thursday, i'm feeling like a little boy 5days before Christmas :)

BTW JeffMC my DS is Loire Blue with tan leather seats, just like yours! Hope you don't regret your choice!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had ordered it from factory and the cost is 150$ on the order form... It says "Cargo Area Cover" . Are we talking about the same cover?

Planning to get my car next thursday, i'm feeling like a little boy 5days before Christmas :)

BTW JeffMC my DS is Loire Blue with tan leather seats, just like yours! Hope you don't regret your choice!
Is "Cargo Area Cover" the big flat rubber that lays on top of the trunk area? I think from the price of $150 that sounds like it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I will not pay that much. I will by a jacket or blanket and lay it over my cargo. This sounds ridiculous to spend that kind of money on something that should just be standard.

My mini van came with it and it sat in my garage. I believe the tinted windows are pretty dark on my Disco and will take the risk. Plus where would you store it if you want to use the third row and have a jacket and a hat you need to put in the trunk area... As that is all that can fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found the Cover

Hi all,

I found the OME cover from multiple sites, the part number is R073376. But ... **** its $400 to $500 for a **** cover.

Discovery Sport Land Rover 2015 HSE Cargo cover | Part Number LR073376

Land Rover 2015 Discovery Sport Cargo Cover LR073376 | eBay

I'm wonder if I could use other cover like the one for the Land Rover Freelander 2 2011-2015. It's around $200.

Rear Trunk Cargo Cover Security Shield for Land Rover Freelander 2 2011-2015

Please let the group know if its possible to use other cargo cover.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I found the OME cover from multiple sites, the part number is R073376. But ... **** its $400 to $500 for a **** cover.

Discovery Sport Land Rover 2015 HSE Cargo cover | Part Number LR073376

Land Rover 2015 Discovery Sport Cargo Cover LR073376 | eBay

I'm wonder if I could use other cover like the one for the Land Rover Freelander 2 2011-2015. It's around $200.

Rear Trunk Cargo Cover Security Shield for Land Rover Freelander 2 2011-2015

Please let the group know if its possible to use other cargo cover.

Thanks...
Did you find a solution to this? I cannot believe what most cars have as a standard part is a $500 accessory!! People seem to be selling for $100 in the UK on ebay but cant get anyone to ship it to the US yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an HSE Lux here in the UK and the first thing I did was take the loadspace cover out of the car and put it in the shed!
I have tinted glass and you can't see into the boot (trunk) from the outside anyway and if you want to use the 2 seats in the rear, there is nowhere to put the darned thing!

So take heart friends in the US, you aren't missing much!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an HSE Lux here in the UK and the first thing I did was take the loadspace cover out of the car and put it in the shed!
I have tinted glass and you can't see into the boot (trunk) from the outside anyway and if you want to use the 2 seats in the rear, there is nowhere to put the darned thing!

So take heart friends in the US, you aren't missing much!
How dark is it exactly? Hope you know your tint laws since it can be time consuming a costly just to get it corrected to be in compliance to the law.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts