Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
My response from LR has been that they are looking into it. They havent actually confirmed or denied that it should be included. I have seen a copy of a window sticker that had the cargo cover seperately listed on it. That particular vehicle was shipped without the cargo cover and was sent afterwards after the owner inquired about it.

My window sticker does NOT list it as a seperate item.
My problem is twofold...why is this NOT included as standard?
Why didnt my selling dealership tell me that it had to be ordered as standard BEFORE I bought it?

I didnt ask because I simply assumed it as included due to experience looking at other vehicles. Thats my arguement to LR.

disco808...was the cargo cover listed as a sepertate line item option on your window sticker under safety and security?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmmm, I cant see it.

I can't see it either. This would be very interesting information to have as I'm scheduled to take delivery of my ordered HSE next Friday (July 17) and would like to be able to push the dealer on getting one included as I suspect they aren't going to budge on the sticker.

Also, when I enter my VIN on TOPIx, it is indicating "LESS CARGO AREA COVER".

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yikes! $295 for the first oil change seems crazy to me. The engine is sourced from Ford, and I bet they don't charge $300 for their first oil change.

My first scheduled maintenance for my LR4 was at 15K or 1 year. It was complimentary. The second one was $119 for full synthetic and for those engines, you had to suck the oil out as there was no drain plug.

I realize this is a premium brand, and that I have owned a lot of them, (Audi, Lexus, Land Rover, BMW...) but never was the first oil change anywhere near that.

I can confirm the process: my brother got a letter in the mail explaining the situation and never said a word to the dealer or JLR headquarters.

Rob
I hope I get a letter. I emailed my sales guide about it and he said that none of the DS's they've received had the cargo cover. Of course, that doesn't really address the issue that LR might be providing them at some point. I've only had mine two weeks, so we'll see what happens. Thx.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it was pdf I attached, not sure why it didn't work. I now attached in photo. Not sure why I seem to be the only one received this letter. maybe because I bought the US launch edition since April when it was the first batch that ever arrived in US.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
DiscoDisco, I do not recall it being listed on the sticker as I went over pretty carefully with my dealer. I knew the options and accessories pretty well too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
it was pdf I attached, not sure why it didn't work. I now attached in photo. Not sure why I seem to be the only one received this letter. maybe because I bought the US launch edition since April when it was the first batch that ever arrived in US.
First sentence of second paragraph. Yours must have been listed under saftey and security and they failed to ship it with the vehicle...just like the instance I mentioned above.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I attached it again. just scroll up a few you'll see.

DiscoDisco, you're probably right. I think I still have the sticker to check.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I attached it again. just scroll up a few you'll see.

DiscoDisco, you're probably right. I think I still have the sticker to check.
I'll have to check my sticker as well. I emailed LR directly thought the Contact Us email on the web site and was told that the cargo carrier is not shipped as standard equipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Disco808, what do you mean a US Launch Edition? I'm from NY and pre-order Discovery Sport HSE LUX on 12-2014, so does this mean mines is a US Launch Edition as well? or you are referring to pre-release or special edtion?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi hksmr2, yes US launch edition is a special edition. JLR made 200 of them for the release of the DS in U.S. in late April. These are all HSE in same color and equipped the same too. I guess the special part about this edition is that they come with Yulong White which isn't an available color choice until 2016. Another strange thing is the car came de-badged, it didn't say Sport or HSE in the back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi disco808 did you receive your cargo cover yet? any idea how much your dealer is charging? my dealer is charging $900.00 including installation. I was like what installation does it require?

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi disco808 did you receive your cargo cover yet? any idea how much your dealer is charging? my dealer is charging $900.00 including installation. I was like what installation does it require?
That's about 3 times too much for the customer installed and removable part. I would double check they aren't trying to sell you something different.

Rob

·
Registered
242 Posts

no, I have not. I called my dealer today and was told they still had not received it. they said the reason it was missing because it was not produced. and it is now in production. they are waiting for a batch to be completed and sent to dealership for those DS they sold without it. they do not have eta.

·
Registered
242 Posts
that's crazy your dealer wants 900 for it. I would not buy it if it didn't come with the car. I would spend that money on side steps or something. that's just me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's what I told the sales person, I paid 1500 for the 20" rim/tire and you telling me 900 for a cargo cover? Now I know why most Dealership are called Stealership. Oh you want to hear another funny one, I asked how much to get mudflap installed on the Disco, and they said $750 including installation, they really think I'm stupid. They said you do both I will give you additional 7% off. So kind of them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's what I told the sales person, I paid 1500 for the 20" rim/tire and you telling me 900 for a cargo cover? Now I know why most Dealership are called Stealership. Oh you want to hear another funny one, I asked how much to get mudflap installed on the Disco, and they said $750 including installation, they really think I'm stupid. They said you do both I will give you additional 7% off. So kind of them.
that is some funny stuff right there.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts