Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yikes! $295 for the first oil change seems crazy to me. The engine is sourced from Ford, and I bet they don't charge $300 for their first oil change.

My first scheduled maintenance for my LR4 was at 15K or 1 year. It was complimentary. The second one was $119 for full synthetic and for those engines, you had to suck the oil out as there was no drain plug.

I realize this is a premium brand, and that I have owned a lot of them, (Audi, Lexus, Land Rover, BMW...) but never was the first oil change anywhere near that.

I can confirm the process: my brother got a letter in the mail explaining the situation and never said a word to the dealer or JLR headquarters.

Rob
I hope I get a letter. I emailed my sales guide about it and he said that none of the DS's they've received had the cargo cover. Of course, that doesn't really address the issue that LR might be providing them at some point. I've only had mine two weeks, so we'll see what happens. Thx.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I attached it again. just scroll up a few you'll see.

DiscoDisco, you're probably right. I think I still have the sticker to check.
I'll have to check my sticker as well. I emailed LR directly thought the Contact Us email on the web site and was told that the cargo carrier is not shipped as standard equipment.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey guys, just to provide an update here. after 2 months went quiet, I called JLR north America asked about the $300 voucher I was entitled to. they checked and told me it was mailed out on 8/31 and that I should be getting it within the week. I also called my local dealer to follow up on the cargo cover was told they are receiving them this Friday. I already made appointment for the install on the same day.
You're getting a cargo cover? I was told they don't ship standard with the 2015 DS.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I received a letter from JLR back in July stating that my car (US launch edition) was supposed to come with the cover. the letter asked me to contact my local dealer to arrange one to be installed. if you look in previous pages, you would see the letter I attached.
I didn't get such a letter. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts