Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
we may have to thank DiscoDisco or anyone who complained, i received a letter from JLR yesterday stating the cargo cover should've been included in my car and that i just needed to contact my local dealer to have it installed. in the letter also stated my first maintainance was complimentary which i already knew, but offered $300 gift certificate instead as an option towards any accessories.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi everyone, just to clarify, I didn't call JLR nor I even knew the cover was supposed to come with the car. I just received this letter unexpectedly. I did speak with my local dealer yesterday and they confirmed that they will order the cover for me and install once arrived. they also told me JLR had advertised Disco incorrectly on the 1st complimentary maintenance. in fact, it does not come with a free service like other LRs. but since they did make a mistake on that part, they are now offering $300 gift voucher to cover the service cost. the service manager told me it would cost $295 for the 1st service, thus the amount of 300. hope this helps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it was pdf I attached, not sure why it didn't work. I now attached in photo. Not sure why I seem to be the only one received this letter. maybe because I bought the US launch edition since April when it was the first batch that ever arrived in US.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
DiscoDisco, I do not recall it being listed on the sticker as I went over pretty carefully with my dealer. I knew the options and accessories pretty well too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I attached it again. just scroll up a few you'll see.

DiscoDisco, you're probably right. I think I still have the sticker to check.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi hksmr2, yes US launch edition is a special edition. JLR made 200 of them for the release of the DS in U.S. in late April. These are all HSE in same color and equipped the same too. I guess the special part about this edition is that they come with Yulong White which isn't an available color choice until 2016. Another strange thing is the car came de-badged, it didn't say Sport or HSE in the back.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi disco808 did you receive your cargo cover yet? any idea how much your dealer is charging? my dealer is charging $900.00 including installation. I was like what installation does it require?

no, I have not. I called my dealer today and was told they still had not received it. they said the reason it was missing because it was not produced. and it is now in production. they are waiting for a batch to be completed and sent to dealership for those DS they sold without it. they do not have eta.

·
Registered
242 Posts
that's crazy your dealer wants 900 for it. I would not buy it if it didn't come with the car. I would spend that money on side steps or something. that's just me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey guys, just to provide an update here. after 2 months went quiet, I called JLR north America asked about the $300 voucher I was entitled to. they checked and told me it was mailed out on 8/31 and that I should be getting it within the week. I also called my local dealer to follow up on the cargo cover was told they are receiving them this Friday. I already made appointment for the install on the same day.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I received a letter from JLR back in July stating that my car (US launch edition) was supposed to come with the cover. the letter asked me to contact my local dealer to arrange one to be installed. if you look in previous pages, you would see the letter I attached.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts