Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 DS HSE with the 825W 17 speaker Meridian system... I upgraded from a 2016 CX-5 GT with the stock Bose system in it and by comparison it sounds TERRIBLE. It's almost like there is no mid-range... and the "subwoofer" doesn't seem to do anything at all (I'm actually wondering if it's connected. Am I missing something here? The sound system is touted a a big feature on the vehicle, but mine sounds like my 1997 Chevy Cavalier. Is there something wrong with it or is this just what it is???

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have found on my '17 that the source material place a huge role in the sound of the system. There are times when it sounds great and other times it doesn't. Also, play around with the settings a bit - not sure if the '18 has Dolby, DTS and Meridian settings, but some material sounds better on Meridian, while others on DTS etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2018 DS HSE with the 825W 17 speaker Meridian system... I upgraded from a 2016 CX-5 GT with the stock Bose system in it and by comparison it sounds TERRIBLE. It's almost like there is no mid-range... and the "subwoofer" doesn't seem to do anything at all (I'm actually wondering if it's connected. Am I missing something here? The sound system is touted a a big feature on the vehicle, but mine sounds like my 1997 Chevy Cavalier. Is there something wrong with it or is this just what it is???

Thanks.
Upgraded from a CX-5 GT with the BOSE system and I don’t think I have the 825W Meridian system in my DS but it sound decent and quite nice. Could be because the DS is quieter than the CX5. Play around with the features and settings to see if it changes anything if not taking it in to see if everything is setup correctly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 HSE with the same setup (Meridian Surround) and it sounded terrible however the subwoofer sounded good. Same as you stated about being no mids. I brought it in last week for the carplay/android auto update and mentioned it to the dealer. They ended up replacing the amp and it sounds much better! Still not as good as my Cadillac XT5 but since it's my wife's car it's good enough. Perhaps you can bring it in to have them take a look.

D

·
0 Posts
Looking at online forums, you're not the only one to complain about the Meridian System in the Disco Sports. I have the 380w upgrade and it sounds noticeably weaker than the non-Meridian Audio Upgrade package I had on my 2016 Discovery Sport. For this system, the subwoofer might as well not even be there. I had to hold my hand on the passenger-side cargo wall to "feel" it. It doesn't matter if I'm playing mp3s, streaming from Spotify, plugged in via USB or streaming via bluetooth...

I emailed the dealership to see if they have the ability to adjust the level of the sub (the Bass, mid, treble faders don't do much. If they fail to provide a solution, I may just install a small powered sub to help add some more balance to the audio.

In reality, the whole system doesn’t sound terrible, but based on the upgrade, I had expected the sound to improve, not regress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts