Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't help but notice how useful this forum has been especially since I joined before many of you were here!
Had the chance to see people come and go due to other vehicles checking more boxes for them than the Disco, and that for me is why I like being here, its the best TOOL you can use to decide if you want to buy.

If it wasn't for communities like this I would be nearly as well informed about the segment and the Discovery Sport. Factoring in all those different angles of information into your final decision is powerful!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Completely agree. I used this forum, and the UK one, extensively to do research before we got our DS. It's one thing to read reviews and watch YouTube videos, but discussions from actual owners give you real insight into what the car is like on a daily basis. Obviously, some forums may be a little skewed because often it's the bad experiences that inspire people to speak, but as long as you keep that in mind you can get lots of good information. That's how I noticed that the severity of issues on the XC90 seemed to be different than on the DS. Both have issues, but on the SwedeSpeed forums there was talk about leaks frying the electronics, hybrid control modules failing, complete system shutdowns putting the car in limp mode, etc, while with the DS the complaints centred mostly around squeaks and rattles. If someone were to sum it up it would look like both cars had lots of issues, but by delving into the details I learned that I would be much more likely to be able to live with the DS issues, while the XC90 issues seemed much more severe.

Here's a conundrum though. I wish this forum had more active users. However, at the same time I was drawn to the vehicle because it is not something you see on every corner like every other Toyota. I want the car to be successful, but I don't want everyone else to have it. I like the novelty and exclusivity, but I know it needs to sell well to get LR to bring in future models with maybe more engine choices. Not sure how to solve that one...

·
Registered
119 Posts
jabba1900 covered just about everything and I could not agree more! Having an opportunity to talk to real owners is a huge plus when researching a vehicle. I also find that as a result of these forums, the customers have more knowledge about the car than the staff at the dealerships have. I am sure we have all experienced and read stories of owners going in for service to tell their dealer about an update they read about online and the dealers are clueless haha.
As for sticking around post purchase....I keep coming back because I am genuinely interested in hearing peoples ownership experiences. Whether that be posts regarding 5 trips in one month to the dealer for service or an epic off road trip with photos to share. I enjoy all things automotive related, especially if the story is regarding a vehicle I love or own!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's a conundrum though. I wish this forum had more active users. However, at the same time I was drawn to the vehicle because it is not something you see on every corner like every other Toyota. I want the car to be successful, but I don't want everyone else to have it. I like the novelty and exclusivity, but I know it needs to sell well to get LR to bring in future models with maybe more engine choices. Not sure how to solve that one...
Agree, jabba. That's one of the things I like about the DS, it's rare to see another one on the road!. That does, I'm sure, play into the number of members here (though I just kind of stumbled in here - can't really recall what got me here:confused:).

I have found the comments and support here really helpful. In fact, this forum has helped answer questions that the LR sales/service guys had no clue about.

Also glad to hear about the DS issues vs. others. The complaints do really seem minor - b-pillar ticking (for a very few it seems), infotainment frustrations, some GPS issues, etc. - as opposed to major electronic stuff. I've not heard about pervasive major issues. Though with any car nowadays, there will always be one or two that just suck the big one...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts