Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded from the 380w to a 825w Meridian system on a new LR discovery sport 2017 (Dec 17) however the two front doors have an irritating vibration / resonance when's music / radio is playing. Even when volume is low and base and subwoofer at 60%. Dealership is implying this is standard for this system but I am not buying it; anyone with similar issue?

·
Registered
113 Posts
yes - same here....test drove non-Meridian model...then took delivery with some add-on options which included upgraded audio system.
VERY surprised how crappy the speakers are or how poorly they are insulated / mounted inside the doors.
I believe they simply slapped them right into the door metal frame with no washers, no damping material and now they just vibrate even at normal listening levels.

What helps - play with the settings, lower bass and sub and then select Meridian or Stereo for mode....Dolby DTS seems most distorted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@HPLR I am experiencing the same issue with the upgraded meridian. Our passenger door is so bad they have replaced the sub woofer twice and the door clips and its still horrendous. It's really unfortunate considering we paid extra to have this system.

As Paul mentioned, you can play with the settings to minimize the distortion but it will always be there sadly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
BTW.... as per my other post...the 2018 (non-Meridian) seems better at handling the loud music.... not sure if they got lot of complaints and decided to get new speakers or better clips and damping materials inside the doors but while I had a loaner earlier this week (2018 with 20 miles...nice)...I played my music from the USB stick as loud as I wanted and there was no distortion....
Honestly - Meridian does better job equalizing and processing the sound to deliver a better sound....except as the 3 of us noted.... it only works at lower volumes....pretty quickly, it gets all irrelevant with the reverb and rattle of the speakers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your responses.

I still think the problems should be able to be fixed, the dealership just cannot be bothered because of their very very very poor customer service, however I will preserver given I will be paying for this car for a number of years �� and I have no reason to believe it is a design fault.

Other than these vibration / resonance issues, it is a fab car, I love it, just wish this dealership (in the U.K.) will get their act together. I will be happy to publish their name if they do not sort this issue out.

Are you aware if Jaguar Land Rover has published any information on this type of problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts