Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with exterior lower door panels pooping off on 2016 discovery sport ? Any ideas where to buy one other than dealership. Have looked online at length but haven’t had any luck.
Thanks is in advance

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have you lost it? Then go to a dealer or a wrecking yard. If it just pooped get new clips from dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same. Driver's side lower door trim pops off from the middle retaining clip and the panel bows outward. It happens at least once a month, and I pop it back on. I haven't lost it yet, but it's probably just a matter of time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have encountered the same issue on the same side. I have tried re-installing the piece but to no avail as it keeps popping off when I drive.

I am thinking of replacing just the clips to see if that the issue. On other cars that I've had thats sorted out the problem. A pack of 415 assorted clips only costs $16.95 AUD so it is definitely cheaper than going to a dealer for a brand new trim piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A quick up date on the situation. I went through all the offical documents about the trim piece from JLR and found that the clips are non-reusable. I have attached the appropriate document to this message.

This means to fix the issue, we all need to completely remove the panel and replace all 12 clips.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sooo... similar issue, sort of.. Went off road and ran over a thick branch hiding in the dirt that ripped my door rocker trim right off.. which I then ran over. Doh.

Dealer wants $289 for a new one.. curious if anyone knows anywhere else to get a replacement in Santorini Black?

I’m also wondering if there’s any after market rock sliders anyone knows of?

I have the dynamic edition and have been starting to use it off-road more.. debating adding some more off-road protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sooo... similar issue, sort of.. Went off road and ran over a thick branch hiding in the dirt that ripped my door rocker trim right off.. which I then ran over. Doh.

Dealer wants $289 for a new one.. curious if anyone knows anywhere else to get a replacement in Santorini Black?

I’m also wondering if there’s any after market rock sliders anyone knows of?

I have the dynamic edition and have been starting to use it off-road more.. debating adding some more off-road protection.

G/day,

If you still have the piece I would recommend just buying the clips. Those pieces of trim are notorious for coming off.

It's hard to find a replacement as they are still being manufactured by JLR so only they can make them, I would suggest going to a few dealerships and asking if they will sell you the part and clips.

As regards to your to rock slider question, the only one I know you can get in the US are the factory side steps.

You could go to a fabrication shop and ask if they are will to make you some custom ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. Yeah unfortunately when I subsequently ran it over I may have damaged some of the clips and plastic “brackets” a bit too much, but I have to really take a good look at it to see if it’s salvageable. Plus, there is at least one crack approximately 2” in size, but I haven’t figured out where it would be when mounted back on, yet.

I was just figuring if I’m going to spend $300 on one panel, maybe spend a little more and just replace them all with some decent looking rock sliders and go for some smaller wheels/bigger/grippier tires.

Ah well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts