Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had to replace my battery in my 2016 LR Discovery in Oct 2018. I starting getting the same message again the past two weeks It would usually happen when I got in the car on short hauls. Then, I notice my rear door would not operate correctly so I took it to NTB where I bought the battery. They said it was fine but take the car to the dealer. Turns on that the battery was being drained and the braking module system had not been reset when the new battery was installed. LR service re-charged the batter and reset the BMS systems. LR told me that other places/shops probably dont have tools equipment to do this reset so you might as well just by the battery from LR anyway.

Not sure why you bought a battery since there is a 4 year warranty from Land Rover

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same issue arise on Friday. Every time I turned the engine off, I received the low battery indicator. Back hatch door would also not close electronically. Took it to local dealer this morning and according to them I have an alternator issue. They are replacing alternator and battery under warranty (2016 with 34K miles). Unfortunately with tomorrow being a holiday, and having to order a part, it’s not likely to be ready by Friday. So I have to go the weekend without it. And because I didn’t buy from the local dealer they won’t provide a loaner car, which sucks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
They should supply a loaner. I have had work done at 2 separate dealers and both supplied a loaner. Neither one was the selling dealer.

I bet they charge Land Rover for the cost of a loaner.

Put the car on charge and you can drive on the weekend.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts