Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most cars, the DS locks the belt into retract-only mode when fully extended (e.g. by my 5 y/o trying to buckle himself into his booster). It's a good safety feature that tightens the belt as he drives/relaxes.

However, the usual behavior is about a foot before the end, the belt stops tensioning. Well, on the DS, it's not stopping until a few inches before fully put away - and with his well-recommended Recarro booster seat, it doesn't reset unless I unclip and pull the booster out. This makes for several times/week of unhappy school trips and my wife is pushing that this is her biggest problem with the DS. Who knew the ticking never bothered her, nor the tranny...

Anyone run into this? Have a workaround (other than teaching him not to pull it so far - done, not fully working, he's not dumb, just 5)?

·
Registered
590 Posts
As most cars, the DS locks the belt into retract-only mode when fully extended (e.g. by my 5 y/o trying to buckle himself into his booster). It's a good safety feature that tightens the belt as he drives/relaxes.

However, the usual behavior is about a foot before the end, the belt stops tensioning. Well, on the DS, it's not stopping until a few inches before fully put away - and with his well-recommended Recarro booster seat, it doesn't reset unless I unclip and pull the booster out. This makes for several times/week of unhappy school trips and my wife is pushing that this is her biggest problem with the DS. Who knew the ticking never bothered her, nor the tranny...

Anyone run into this? Have a workaround (other than teaching him not to pull it so far - done, not fully working, he's not dumb, just 5)?
This has happened to my 6yo daughter pretty often, and to me and my wife at times... but it usually seems to just happen randomly. Still not exactly sure what triggers it honestly because none of us pull the belt out that far..at least I don't think we do. I should probably check that for sure. We also have a Recarro Sport combo seat (best seat out there, even beats the Britax we've had as well.) it's a combo harness to booster seat that "grows" with her and may be different than yours. We just have to slide the belt out of the guides on the seat then retract the belt all the way in and then put the belt back in the guides and then pull the belt around again. YES it is a pain when it does happen. All of us have gotten into the habit of pulling it out slowly..this had a learning curve for my daughter to figure it and remember to do consistently...and it has helped.

It's happened in all the vehicles we've had her care seat in but the DS seems a bit mor touchy to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - we also have the Recarro Sport (in Red) - the 6yo boys love the Italian Red racing style

1 - 3 of 3 Posts