Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that in front of both front tires there is a little flap that if they were behind the front tires I'd think they were some sort of little mud flap. I'm assuming they have something to do with aerodynamics. It also seems to me that going off-road runs the risk of knocking them off. Has anyone dealt with these? Can they be easily detached/reattached?

·
Registered
34 Posts
They might have an aerodynamic benefit, but I have found they help with off roading. They tend to scrape first if your approach is too steep or deep. They are flexible enough to bend out of the way when they do touch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really want to get those flaps removed as it hinders the ground clearance by 1 inch at least. The rest of the car, I measured up the ground clearance to actually being 9.8 inches. But with that front air dam, the measurements came up to 8.3 inches. So in technicality, our cars actually do have far more ground clearance than advertised. Plus with the removal of those flaps you will get a much better approach angle. I just wonder how hard would it be to remove those flaps? Do I simply unscrew them or do I have to disassemble the lower front end? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts