Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I didn't get the Ambient light package I added my own red led lighting. Simple install, took about 4 hours, total cost under 15.00. Added to front wells and rear seats.

Attachments

Reactions: 4sallypat

·
Registered
54 Posts
LED Foot Well Lights**

Sorry, I read the title and I thought oh dear no.

But that does look nice ! Where did you wire them up to ? Switch location ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used "Add A Circuit" from Discount Auto, about $7.25. The led's lights are on only when the car is running and shut off when motor shuts of, so no switch invloved. I used fuse location number 67 under the glove compartment. I wish I did pictures of the install.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for this info - I love that ambient lighting when I had an Evoque loaner for 3 weeks....

Also, thanks for the fuse location as I needed to find one for my radar detector...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had my DS for about a month now and only last week I noticed that there is a LED strip in the door, its white, but if you look closely at the door, you will see a fine light line between the two materials that are used. It's no bright by any means....but it is there.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you decide to use Add a A Circuit, both fuses need to be installed for it to work. Remove the panel under the glove box, when you do this, you will see a white looking handle by the floor boards. Not really a handle but a white square cut out space where the cover clips into. Use that white handle to tap a screw into it for your ground.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have had my DS for about a month now and only last week I noticed that there is a LED strip in the door, its white, but if you look closely at the door, you will see a fine light line between the two materials that are used. It's no bright by any means....but it is there.....
So does that mean there is pre wiring under the sills ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I removed the plastic sill tread to do a pre check, I did not find any pre wiring for the door sills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts