Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
where about in LA are you? I got my DS from Pasadena dealer. when I was there over the weekend to have my cargo cover installed, my salesman told me they had a lease special on the DS for $5500 down, $460 per month lease. sorry I forgot to ask how many months or the model.
Lol wow. Not much of a "special" there. It better have been an HSE Lux fully loaded. Even at that, what are they fully loaded, like $53K or so?

·
Registered
9 Posts
SOrry I'm just seeing these questions, I don't get email notifications from the forum.

I'm in Malibu and got the car from Ventura, excellent dealer that delivers on it on flatbed truck- I used a car broker like I said in earlier post. (goseeted.com)
Coworkers had a great experience with him and so did I, just sharing his info, I'm not affiliated or get kick back fyi.
There was No inventory so I took the first one I could get, very happy.
I got the SE w/ navigation, protection package, scotia Grey & black pack 19 in wheels, in control apps, partial leather seats.
36 months, no money down and under $600 month. (Dealer was quoting $750 month with $3500 down!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got HSE with Drive Assist Package / In control Apps / Protection pack / 19' spoke custom Wheel under $550 month lease :) Obviously it was huge effort negotiating but if you hit right place, right time.. you get things nailed.
Tip: Sweet deals happen during month or quarter closing :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
So, since some time has passed since this thread was started...has anyone looked into or actually leased a new DS yet?

It would be awesome if you could share your experience and how the negotiations went.
I'll share:
I got mine last week (end of October).
It is a lease ( not sure of the reliability ) as I am new to the brand.
This is from Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego county).
Beware some dealers outside your local market area will not sell to you. Some are outright snooty and mean.:(
Only exception was San Diego LR who said they can sell the DS outside their area but would not receive any holdback incentive money from LR. They didn't care - they want the sale for their end of month bonus #.

I contacted 4 LR dealers around my area including one outside my area (San Diego LR).

The 3 local dealers at first did not offer much of an incentive to get either a 2015 or 2016.:(

Then the end of the month approaches and all of a sudden, they all want to compete!

The best 2015 deal was thru Encino LR ($3K off HSE Lux) - didn't like colors.

The best 2016 deal was thru both San Diego LR and Cerritos LR ($2K off) - both had the color and options I wanted.:laugh:

Best selection was at San Diego LR - they are stocked deep with many color choices with the same equipment options - very nice.

Plus San Diego was going to beat the local trade in offer sight unseen!

The lease deals varies depending which bank the dealer goes with. :eek:
Some dealers offer awful residuals (55-57%) with high MF (0.00260) because some dealers have no idea what is a good sweet spot lease term...
I learned a lot from San Diego LR - they know their sweet lease spots...:)

Remember, if you see their ultra low lease mile (7500 miles/year) for 33 months at $439 is for a basic DS.

The 2015 leases at different terms than the 2016 so be aware - they are not the same residuals, MF, months, down, etc....

After much lease number negotiations:
I got: 61% residual, 0.00161 MF, $2000 off MSRP, monthly = $570 with state tax, $3K drive off including first month, tax, title, reg, doc fees.;)

If you need Southern California SA contact info, PM me.

Reactions: sergk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am shopping for a DS as well, and was trying to figure a good deal on the car. My experience with Northern California LRJ dealers so far is rather negative. Does not look like they compete with each other. Seems much like a cartel protecting a common interest.

The only information I was quoted is a sticker price and "special" of 1.9% APR. Local dealers never gave me any numbers over internet, only in person. Non local dealers outright refuse to work with me at all, ignoring or sending to my closest local office - San Jose.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, I have heard the same from Northern Cali buyers.
No negotiations ....

It's not that way here in the South where the dealers actually compete for your business.
I had 2 dealers "fighting" over the sale of their DS....

You should consider negotiating via email and phone, buying from out here and driving it back home.

On another plus side, I understand the 5+2 option seating is at a premium in NorCal.
But here in Southern California - we have lots and they discount them.

PM me if you want certain sales advisor contact info.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all,

Just bought our first Land Rover. Got a great deal. HSE + driver assistance + climate comfort. $4500 down, 33 months, $470/month, 10k miles. A little more down that you should do with a lease, but hey.... Residual was 66% and MF was .00164.

I'm glad we have tmobile with unlimited music streaming... car doesn't have Sirius....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi all,

Just bought our first Land Rover. Got a great deal. HSE + driver assistance + climate comfort. $4500 down, 33 months, $470/month, 10k miles. A little more down that you should do with a lease, but hey.... Residual was 66% and MF was .00164.

I'm glad we have tmobile with unlimited music streaming... car doesn't have Sirius....
Congrats!

Sounds like a great lease deal.

Pictures ?

Do you use the Bluetooth streaming or plug it into the USB for music streaming ??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats!

Sounds like a great lease deal.

Pictures ?

Do you use the Bluetooth streaming or plug it into the USB for music streaming ??
I'll get some pics when it's not dark. Got the Disco in white. I was leaning to black with the black-out kit.... but didn't win that battle.

I'll use bluetooth streaming. I do it all the time in my Audi and it's great not to have wires hanging around.

Coming out of Mercedes GLK. For roughly the same MSRP the Rover has a lot more toys. We didn't even have NAV, HID lights, or a parking camera in the Benz! It was also much more cramped inside even though roughly the same dimensions outside. We primarily needed more rear seat legroom to accommodate the child seat. BUT the Benz was built like a tank: 37,000 miles and not a single hitch, rattle, or check-engine-light.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll get some pics when it's not dark. Got the Disco in white. I was leaning to black with the black-out kit.... but didn't win that battle.

I'll use bluetooth streaming. I do it all the time in my Audi and it's great not to have wires hanging around.

Coming out of Mercedes GLK. For roughly the same MSRP the Rover has a lot more toys. We didn't even have NAV, HID lights, or a parking camera in the Benz! It was also much more cramped inside even though roughly the same dimensions outside. We primarily needed more rear seat legroom to accommodate the child seat. BUT the Benz was built like a tank: 37,000 miles and not a single hitch, rattle, or check-engine-light.
I came from a GLK too. I agree that it's a very solid car, but lacks in the options/backseat space department, or at least costs an arm and a leg to get it equipped up to par...but that V6 is a really nice engine, esp in sport mode. I didn't have a backup camera or xenons and driving a mercedes with standard halogen lights just felt weird.

As a side note, my GLK had a loud rattle in the liftgate area, 3 trips to a dealer to get it checked with no success, finally gave up b/c it was a lease :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Funny, I was looking at the so called new Mercedes "GLE 300" before I got the DS.

Found out the GLE was an ML with newer interior and updated tech.

Pricey for a redone ML - I thought no way it's worth $65K....

Rides like mush and soft dipping corners

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

What was the breakdown of the $4500. I never pay down the cap cost on a lease, since I was told you never get that amount back of the vehicle ended up being a total loss (accident/theft)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll share too. I am leasing an SE with a sticker price of $44,828. Got the holiday manufacturer's discount of $1k plus negotiated another $1,700 off for a total Cap Cost reduction of $2,700. I applied the manufacturer's $1k discount to the amount due at signing thus reducing amount due from $4,700 to $3,700. Monthly payments are $460. Lease is for 39 months and 10k miles per year with a purchase option at end of lease at $28,600.

Cole European in Walnut Creek had the best selection in Northern CA and were very friendly and easy to work with. Ted Ford was the name of the salesman I worked with and I would recommend him. Told me dealer markup on these vehicles was 4.7% and could negotiate within that window.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I too would love to know which dealer in California gave that deal
I don't think that deal is real - it might be a troll poster.

There is no such thing as a 12.5k lease and for $2500 down, the HSE is way overpriced to make the $399 payment.
HSE invoice with national incentives built in may bring down the payment to $450/ month at 12K for 39 months....

If anything, the $399 is possible on a stock SE (base car) with $2500 down but the dealer would have to cut out his profit to below invoice and possibly go up to 42 month lease @ 10K.

The national promotion on the SE for $399 is a ultra low mileage lease of 7.5k and you have to cough up $4k down plus drive off...

Let's be realistic here.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
What 4sallypat said. I got a fantastic deal and it was nowhere near what is described above. Also, the special lease deal that LR has been offering is for $399/mo plus $4,700 down, for 10k miles/year. That is for an SE valued at approximately $38k, not an HSE. Also, that $399/mo advertised payment does not include tax, etc. which - depending on where you live - will add another $50 to $60 to your monthly payment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry guys, was busy getting my rattles fixed (such a shame for this nice car). The dealer is Mission Viejo. The car was offered as a demo with 139 miles on it, so I got this deal in December. I am not kidding, driving one. Let me upload a picture for those who don't believe. I can also get you in touch with the sales if u like. I wish there were no rattles...

21 - 40 of 51 Posts