Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just went and test drove a DS 2 days ago and they couldn't really give me any information on leasing. The sales guy told me that LR typically has poor leasing due to the high interest that their banks charge when compared to MB or BMW, who own their own banks. He did say that they are trying to work on a deal for the 2016s that would allow a more competitive leasing program, but no details yet.

Fortunately, I like the car so much, I'm strongly considering financing it...and I'm a big fan of leasing in general.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This makes a lot of sense. I regularly check the Edmunds.com forums on leasing and they routinely give you what the current money factor and residual rates are on there. I have noticed that the DS money factor they are reporting is quite a bit higher than every other make/model I'm looking at.

Hopefully Land Rover gets their **** together and get a good leasing program for this quick because I've only got a month or two before I'm going to have to pull the trigger on something. I mean, I can lease a Durango Citadel that MSRP's for close to $50K for the same or less than a fairly base DS that MSRP's for right at $40K. Not to mention the Durango is a bigger vehicle with a bigger motor and the Citadel has at least the same amount if not more bells and whistles than the DS.
Yeah agreed. I ran through some preliminary numbers with the JLR sales guy. Basically, a couple more grand out of pocket makes a 60 month finance deal within $100 or so of the lease when it comes to a monthly payment. I know not everything revolves around a monthly payment, but compare to BMW where leasing almost always seems like a better deal in my opinion.

The problem with getting a Durango is that it's not a Land Rover, and Land Rover knows that :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been also looking at the XC60. The XC90 is going to be out of my price range as that car's MSRP starts at $10K more than the DS.
This. Also, Volvo quoted me end of 2015 (mid-late december) delivery for a new XC90 when I checked one out in mid June.

My local dealer had zero in stock, except the test model, and was only doing custom orders. No negotiating either. He told me they believe the car is priced to sell as evidence by their success so far. Poised to compete with the X5/GLE at a better price with better/similar tech.

I honestly like the drive of the DS much better, but the Volvo tech features are really nicely done and the cabin space planning impressive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll get some pics when it's not dark. Got the Disco in white. I was leaning to black with the black-out kit.... but didn't win that battle.

I'll use bluetooth streaming. I do it all the time in my Audi and it's great not to have wires hanging around.

Coming out of Mercedes GLK. For roughly the same MSRP the Rover has a lot more toys. We didn't even have NAV, HID lights, or a parking camera in the Benz! It was also much more cramped inside even though roughly the same dimensions outside. We primarily needed more rear seat legroom to accommodate the child seat. BUT the Benz was built like a tank: 37,000 miles and not a single hitch, rattle, or check-engine-light.
I came from a GLK too. I agree that it's a very solid car, but lacks in the options/backseat space department, or at least costs an arm and a leg to get it equipped up to par...but that V6 is a really nice engine, esp in sport mode. I didn't have a backup camera or xenons and driving a mercedes with standard halogen lights just felt weird.

As a side note, my GLK had a loud rattle in the liftgate area, 3 trips to a dealer to get it checked with no success, finally gave up b/c it was a lease :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts