Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is my first Land Rover product after switching from BMW for 20 years, I can tell you the ins and outs of BMW early lease termination offers that I have dealt with.
However, since this is my first experience with Jaguar/Land Rover, I have to ask here about early lease termination.

My current DS is leased thru Chase bank if that makes a difference.

Has anyone dealt with Land Rover dealer(s) when it came close to your lease termination ?

Does the dealer offer better terms to get you out early ?

Or do you end up with less than ideal terms favoring the dealer?

Are the residuals that were calculated at lease inception correct, below, or inflated ?

I received a letter from the original selling dealer and they said they want me to come in and discuss early lease termination benefits.
Do they really want my DS in so that they can sell the car at a better price (ie lower miles) or do they just want me to get into another JLR product ??

Has anyone sold their leased car to CarMax or something similar after finding out how much they will pay vs the residual values ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did not got to my lease end yet BUT based on my recent experience - An attempt to get out of my DS lease (As you can read in the acceleration thread) after 2yrs - The depreciation is greater than what I was anticipating/experiencing with any other brands I ever leased - including BMW - Check if you have any equity in the car (Not likely at all) as the dealer will not take on or apply any additional incentive on top of other avaialbles for new car you'll be looking to get into for a new lease.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked with CarMax and they gave a very good payout compared to KBB and Edmunds.
However the lease contract residual is way too inflated.

My dealer says they too will wait for a manufacturer sponsored early buy back offer.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
Just received notification that Chase will allow 3 months early lease termination if you get into another JLR product.

The 3 month pull ahead notice was a welcome piece of news.

Looking now at the RR Velar diesel....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts