Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early 2017 Discovery sport , had new heater unit due to faulty seal under warranty, now roof leaking on passenger side so car being returned to body shop, despite windscreen being changed (didnt work told them water doesnt go up hill when stationary).Stop start doesnt work anymore , and now advisory triangle warning on dashboard, Car has been at dealer for 3 weeks in total only done 20,000miles not happy!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where is the passenger side leak - is it at the front around the A pillar? - this is a known manufacturing fault with some panels being produced not to spec. There is a technical bulletin out about it. Mine just got fixed, basically with special silicone compound - they had to replace the airbag unit in the A pillar as part of the same issue because it was wet. - eight hour job including removing the windscreen to be able to lower the headliner. Thankfully found the fault while still under warranty, only because my wife put her lippy on and pulling the sunshade down for the mirror!
I also had a problem with stop / start (I think you mean the auto stop start when at lights etc). I was also getting low battery warning - they were related. The battery management system was setting the voltage too low and unless the battery is virtually full the stop / start wont function to keep the battery topped up.
Software upgrade fixed it. I disable it anyway cos it means a lot more use of the starter motor!
Its interesting that there are no recalls for these things. Basically they wont do anything unless you complain about an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts