Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In July 2014 Land Rover sold 4,643 units into the US market, that accounts for a staggering 80% of the entire JLG's empires US volume... Either Land Rover is making substantially significant vehicles or Jaguar needs to pull up their socks.

I reckon a bit of both...

·
Registered
284 Posts
SUVs are most popular in the US right now, and at the moment, there is not a Jaguar SUV. They are releasing one soon, so maybe that will help Jaguar pick up some slack.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Jaguar bringing out an SUV is a great move.
At least now there will be one more really good Porsche Cayenne rival, maybe one of the best one's yet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yea the Jaguar SUV will be nice because it will be somewhere in between a BMW style SUV and a Porsche style SUV. I think that is a great place to be too. Sporty yet classic. I can see a big appeal for this, I think it will help out Jaguar quite a bit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes but the obverse is that Land Rover doesn't sell any sedans so the skew should not be so severe. Plus where Land Rover operates is not your typical cute ute thats popular ATM, the strength for LR is on the back of the new Range Rover...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yea the Jaguar SUV will be nice because it will be somewhere in between a BMW style SUV and a Porsche style SUV. I think that is a great place to be too. Sporty yet classic. I can see a big appeal for this, I think it will help out Jaguar quite a bit.
Seeing how much it helps out Jaguar will be interesting to see, how much of it's sales are SUV sales and how much consumer interest in it grows over time. If all that goes well, who knows, maybe we will see another Jaguar SUV.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I mean if the trend in the rest of the industry spills over to Jaguar then I think that we will see a lot more Jaguars in the next few years, especially SUVs and CUVs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts