Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someones not pulling thier weight... ;)

A move toward high-riding vehicles helped one brand. A move away from traditional cars harmed the other. These two factors are made all the more apparent when one brand employs a full lineup of SUVs/crossovers and the other has yet to bring its first utility vehicle to market.

One brand’s message has been artfully constructed over a few decades; the other’s has been muddied for at least a generation.

Both have been labelled as dreadfully unreliable at different points. One brand has had trouble discarding that label; the other has succeeded in spite of it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Since both brands are owned by the same company, you could just think of the two brands as the sedans and the SUVs of the same company. I'm sure they'd still like to see Jaguar do better, but basically they are the same as other brands that have both SUVs and sedans. I'm sure many other brands have seen SUV sales sky rocket while sedan sales stay consistent. Perhaps Jaguar has seen sales decrease more than other brands though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Since both brands are owned by the same company, you could just think of the two brands as the sedans and the SUVs of the same company. I'm sure they'd still like to see Jaguar do better, but basically they are the same as other brands that have both SUVs and sedans. I'm sure many other brands have seen SUV sales sky rocket while sedan sales stay consistent. Perhaps Jaguar has seen sales decrease more than other brands though.
How did you make that connection? Although these brands are under the same umbrella, that connection between both brands should never be made. Are you aware of what both brands are about and the products they offer? There's a reason why Jaguar is coming out with it's own SUV.

·
Registered
284 Posts
How did you make that connection? Although these brands are under the same umbrella, that connection between both brands should never be made. Are you aware of what both brands are about and the products they offer? There's a reason why Jaguar is coming out with it's own SUV.
Your response doesn't do much to further this conversation. All you do is ask if I know about the brands and then say there is a reason why Jaguar is coming out with an SUV, but you don't say what the reason is.

Jaguar should come out with an SUV. It's a good move. Obviously this graph shows that its needed. All I was saying is that Jaguar probably has been late to bring out an SUV partly because their parent company has another brand that focuses entirely on SUVs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
XE's and the future Jag SUV should help jaguar catch up to LR, but even LR is going to have it's numbers pushed up too... especially with models like the Disco.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It seems like SUVs and CUVs are on the up swing right now, but I wonder if a decade from now if these same companies that are befitting from concentrating on SUVs will have to reinvent themselves when consumers move on to the next trendy vehicle. style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts