Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, Land Rover really isn't fairing very well at all when it comes to these JD Power surveys and studies. JD Power just published their annual Vehicle Dependability Study, which focuses on long-term reliability by monitoring defects, malfunctions and design-related issues with three-year old vehicles still being driven by their original owners. This basically measures how reliable a car brand is.

Land Rover, unfortunately, came in second last. It beat out only Fiat.

The most problem prone areas for modern vehicles were Bluetooth connectivity and voice recognition. Another problem area was automatic transmission shift quality.

The score represents the number of problems per 100 vehicles. That means that land Rover has 258 problems per 100 vehicles. That's enough for 2 or more problems per vehicle.

All these studies cast Land Rover in a poor light are making me reconsider buying from this brand. Especially since the Discovery Sport will be at the lower end of company's lineup. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Before you disqualify LR from your list you do have to consider what you want in a vehicle and what the Discovery can provide for you that the others can't, those reasons can be enough to have you look past those issues.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what I see from reports like this is that whatever LR does offer with the Discovery Sport, it isn't offering it consistently. That is what scares me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts