Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned to order a new Disco Sport this week but am growing concerned at the long list of ongoing poor reliability reports.
My daughter has a 2020 model and loves it as do I. On paper it’s the perfect vehicle for me. But as an older person who does a lot of long touring, reliability is critical.
There is a long list of horror stories on social media and yes satisfied owners are less likely to publish their experiences than are dissatisfied owners but no doubt LR has a tarnished reputation around reliability.
i have previously owned a series of 4x4s including Range Rovers, a Pajero and Land Cruiser.
My head says no my heart says yes.
I’ll sleep on it.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
752 Posts
Like you say happy people seldom complain or post long praises on forums. I can honestly say that I have less problems and a need for service than my last car a Mercedes B-200 turbo. The major problem I had was a bad dealer that did not seem to be staffed with proper mechanics as it was a new dealer. A second dealer fixed all the minor problems I had as well as fixing some mistakes the first dealer had messed up..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’ve had mine for 6 years now. Bought it new in 2015. Done 110,000kms so far. Same as you, it ticks all the boxes and makes sense on paper. While I cant say that I haven’t had any issues with it, at no time was I ever stuck on the side of the road or left inconvenienced. Was always able to take it in to my local dealer where I purchased it from and they would provide me with a loan car and fix the issues. I did purchase the factory extended warranty for another 2 years (only came with 3 years standard back then). I’m glad I did. The few issues I had would have costs thousands to fix and the warranty saved me. Overall my experience has been a good one. We take it on annual camping trips which include very long drives and off roading. Handles it all really well. Been happy enough with it that we’ve kept it well after we paid out the car loan and are considering buying another later this year. My advice would be to buy one only if you have a local dealer in the area, get extended warranty if possible and get a good roadside assistance membership just in case. You can’t control something going wrong but you can control how well prepared you are for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.