Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our brand new 2017 disco is having alot of problems with the keys. Keyless entry rarely works and many times our key takes up to 3 to 4 minutes to open door. Took it in to dealership yesterday they said they fixed it. What happens this morning. Whelp cant get into my car.

anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are you using the remote to open/close or are you using the door handle to open/close ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using the remote to open/close or are you using the door handle to open/close ?
When the handle pull doesnt work i use the remote but even that is spotty at best. Sometime i will go right for the remote to unlock since my handle rarely works and i have to hit the remote 10-15 times to open.

It is back in the shop now and of course i couldn't replicate this when i go into the shop this morning. However, it is happening with both my keys and my wifes so i know its not me doing something wrong.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do you carry other remote keys ?

I noticed my BMW key interferes with the Discovery key when they are together in the pocket and can't open sometimes when I pull on the door handle.

If you happen to be at a high EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) area such as microwave transmitters, trunking site or local ham/amateur radio relay/repeater station - it may interfere with the key.

Worse comes to worse, have your dealer recode the keys and car's TCU to a different code.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you carry other remote keys ?

I noticed my BMW key interferes with the Discovery key when they are together in the pocket and can't open sometimes when I pull on the door handle.

If you happen to be at a high EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) area such as microwave transmitters, trunking site or local ham/amateur radio relay/repeater station - it may interfere with the key.

Worse comes to worse, have your dealer recode the keys and car's TCU to a different code.

They still cant reproduce my problem. However, it happens with both myself and my wife. We shall see i will keep you updated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The only time I've had trouble with the remote is when I have my WiFi hotspot in my pocket, too. I guess it interferes with the signal sent by the key remote. Sorry about your troubles. I have a loaner now, and it doesn't have remote access! I didn't realize how much I'd miss just being able to walk up to the car and open the door! ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response. I drove around for hours today trying all different things phone off. No wallet. Etc. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Odd thing is most the time when it doesn't work my physical remote doesn't work either. I took tons of videos and will send them to service department tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So still having key issues after a few weeks in and out of the shop. It seems to be a signal interfereance issue. They have replaced a few parts in the key system and it still happens. However it only happens in certain areas. It's crazy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same issues for the past two weeks. I thought the battery in the key fob was the issue so I replaced it. However, the doors no longer open when I walk up and touch the handle. I'm completely unable to double tap & hold to lower all the windows, and often times I have to press unlock on the key fob a dozen times, standing by the door to get in; and them beside the vehicle to lock it. Furthermore, the vehicle doesn't recognize the key fob sitting in the vehicle. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

·
Registered
211 Posts
vazquecj - I assume you have tried the other fob and had the same issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts