Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 2015, 2.2L diesel DS, and some times in the highway the car starts to shake like crazy, like its out of air or fuel. (Like a misfire)

But the funny thing is no engine check lights and injectors are good. Any idea what’s happening.

PS : would it be a timing problem. Since the dealer removed the camshafts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi - I have one of these - is it only happening on moderate or light acceleration and sound a bit like an old petrol engine pinging? Mine does that, it's the gearbox programming that holds the torque converter too long rather than downshifting when it should. If so, using Sport mode reduces how much it happens.

If it's not that and it's something more random, I always wonder - fuel, air or spark? If it only happens at high speeds, I'd lean towards air - either a clogged air filter or faulty MAF sensor. The reason I say that is the speed of the vehicle has no impact (that I'm aware of) for either fuel delivery or spark as those are related to RPM not speed of the car. It also wouldn't be a vacuum leak as that's the opposite, goes away at high speeds.

Lastly, I know nothing about engine timing but if a dealer's recently done work on the engine and it's only started happening since I'd be taking it back and getting them to resolve it at no charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts