Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not good at all.
Haven't seen or heard anything about them making the move to offer up a hybrid or EV, it might be time to at least try the hybrid route. But aside from doing that big move, refining their engine and cutting weight would be an easier start.

·
Registered
284 Posts
A hybrid would be a good move for Jaguar not just for CAFE requirements, but also for the company anyways. I wonder if Jaguar is just planning on paying a fine instead of actually trying to meet these requirements.

·
Registered
284 Posts
In order to make the CAFE requirements? It seems like powertrains would be the most important thing. There is more to that than just the engine, but I don't really see what else they should do. Introduce more efficient vehicles and engines. That's the simple way to put it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
In order to make the CAFE requirements? It seems like powertrains would be the most important thing. There is more to that than just the engine, but I don't really see what else they should do. Introduce more efficient vehicles and engines. That's the simple way to put it.
Cutting weight helps and cutting weight in the right area's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
JLR vehicles have a status that come with them

a special status which for now is helping out a bit

bettering their MPG's while the getting is good will be wise..

·
Registered
293 Posts
JLR vehicles have a status that come with them

a special status which for now is helping out a bit

bettering their MPG's while the getting is good will be wise..
Exactly.
It's more than just about what it can do, it's like why a lot of people buy a Merc or BMW.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well a lot of people that buy those boring german vehicles mostly buy basemodels they can just barely afford
;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yea but we aren't really talking about sales, we are talking about whether jaguar will be able to meet emissions targets. The reputation of the brand doesn't help them to do that at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts