1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think they look look sweet. But they're spendy. Competing as a slightly more affordable Macan. Also seem to lack the functional space of the DS. But I bet it is fun as **** to drive

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Ingenium engines can we expect in the USA?:cool:

Will it compete directly with the Discovery Sport ?? :|

2.0 Diesel Ingenium and 3.0 SC petrol v6 at introduction.
Not a direct competitor, more of a cross competitor, for the buyer that wants utility and more sport than Discovery offers. Should be a good fit for dual branded dealers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think they look look sweet. But they're spendy. Competing as a slightly more affordable Macan. Also seem to lack the functional space of the DS. But I bet it is fun as **** to drive
I hope they found some way into working in some F-TYPE dna into it's driving experience... sort of in a way to give us their version of a Porsche SUV.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It looks a lot like an Infiniti to me. It's good looking but that design is a bit played out imo

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, but I do think the Jaguar grill makes a nice looking front end. But I agree somewhat, and I also feel the same way about the new Mercedes GLC, reminds me of Infiniti as well.

Definitely not as unique looking as a DS.

Also to get reasonable equipment looking at 55-60k. Which is probably on par for a performance compact SUV like a Macan or X3 35i etc. Plus that crazy Jaguar warranty and included maintenance is really nice.

If I was in the market for something more performance oriented, it'd easily be at the top of my list.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, but I do think the Jaguar grill makes a nice looking front end. But I agree somewhat, and I also feel the same way about the new Mercedes GLC, reminds me of Infiniti as well.

Definitely not as unique looking as a DS.

Also to get reasonable equipment looking at 55-60k. Which is probably on par for a performance compact SUV like a Macan or X3 35i etc. Plus that crazy Jaguar warranty and included maintenance is really nice.

If I was in the market for something more performance oriented, it'd easily be at the top of my list.
The grille is indeed a winner and they can also take it a step further by changing up the grill insert design as a way to keep it fresh. Easy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted my dealer and he said he is going to training soon and will report back as soon as he returns on the new F Pace.

He was not sure the Diesel engine would be available in the first year run though which would be a bummer because when my BMW diesel is up on lease expiration, I would love to switch over to the Jag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The F-Pace is so sought after that there is only a limited number per dealership. Ours wanted a $499/mo lease deal with $4500 down (not sure if that was down or due at signing). Seems like a lot for a $46kMSRP!

·
Registered
151 Posts
...but wait there's more!

Activity Key

There's a fine line between gadgetry and gimmickry in today's automotive electronica. Just because you can get a computer to do something in a car, doesn't mean it should be done. On paper, the wearable, waterproof Jaguar Activity Key, being introduced as an option on the 2017 F-Pace, sounds a bit of a gimmick. In reality, though, it's a gadget a lot of people will find they can't live without.

A black plastic wristband, the Activity Key looks like a Fitbit, but is actually way more practical. It allows F-Pace owners to leave the keys in their safely locked cars while they go off surfing or mountain biking or snowboarding or a thousand other outdoor activities where carrying around a modern electronic cars key is either impractical or simply a pain in the ass.

The Activity Key uses RFID technology similar to that used by contact-less credit cards to allow you to lock and unlock the F-Pace. You simply leave the regular key hidden out of sight in the car, and touch the Activity Key to the "J" of the Jaguar badge on the tailgate. That locks the car, and disables the key inside, so even if someone were to break into your F-Pace they couldn't drive away with it.

To unlock the car—and reactivate the key inside—simply touch the Activity Key to the "J" again, and you're good to go. The Activity Key wristband is waterproof and shockproof, and doesn't even need batteries. Clever. And useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
we test drove f-pace and DS all in same day. i myself liked f-pace better, especially with the LCD gauge panel, but we are going with DS-lux for a few other reasons even though i think the i4 240hp should be something like a 2.4 or 2.7L in the 280hp area. jag stealing the look of bentley on the ront grill, i like it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have never discovered the discosport had my wife and I not been looking at the F-Pace. We had no idea the discovery even existed. (were coming from sport sedans). I cannot deny it is one of the sexiest SUV's on the road but we found it small on the inside and when we start adding options you start renewing your mortgages haha ;). When we finished our desired build we had crested $70K. (Canadian).

When we explained to the sales rep that I was not shelling out 70K + for a SUV he pointed me in the direction of the Disco Sport. We are not ordering for another month but we have since test driven the disco sport and I have to admit, I actually prefer it over the jag.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If I price an F-Pace online with the same features as my DS HS Lux, it's $20k more! Now, if I had more cash, I'd probably pay that because I do like some of the features offered (e.g., the digital dash, sunroof, etc.), but I'm not going to shell out that much more for the Jag. Maybe when I win the lottery...

·
Registered
43 Posts
When we explained to the sales rep that I was not shelling out 70K + for a SUV he pointed me in the direction of the Disco Sport. We are not ordering for another month but we have since test driven the disco sport and I have to admit, I actually prefer it over the jag.
well, just be aware of the B pillar "tick" issue with DS. it would bug the crap out of me, and i would never allow JLR to do the fix they have published. i am about to ink a deal for a MY17 DS-lux, but waiting to see what dealer assurances they will give me, otherwise i will be going back to vehicle hunting.

for more details see http://www.discoverysport.net/forum/discovery-sport-issues-problems/8137-2017-discovery-sport.html#post52217

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I think the price tag would be a little over the top too. However, the additional touch of sportiness and bulky space would compensate the hefty cost. A 3.0 petrol would be a perfect side option for a smooth off-road ride alongside daily long-distance commute apart from the diesel fit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I thought the diesel F Pace would have been a lot less but it is priced higher than the gasser.

So I tried to match as closely to my Discovery with options and found that a similar F Pace in diesel (preferred engine) is $10K more!

Ouch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts