Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't see an existing thread for this, so I'm guessing I must be totally overlooking something.

I can't seem to find the compass, and it's not described in the owners manual. Right now, the only way I can tell which direction I'm going is by turning on the Nav in "2D North Up" mode . . . .

thoughts?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was trying to figure this out too. The way you mentioned is the only way to get a compass.

I talk to my sales guy about it for a while and we couldn't find any other solution. He's sold a lot of DS, so I think he's pretty credible. Seems like a tech oversight, but could be fixed easily with a software patch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd like a compass as well haha... I thought I was just looking in wrong place... a nice compass in the center screen of the gauges would be perfect...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really surprised a compass is not available. While I suppose using the Nav is fine, sometimes I would rather use the center screen for something else, and not be required to toggle to the Nav. I'd much prefer quickly glancing at something (maybe as part of the rear view mirror) that says which direction I'm heading in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was also suprised the other day when I was looking for the compass.... How can a Land Rover not have a compass? There's plenty of space on the screen between the gauges.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agreed.

The evoque loaner I was in had a cool screen with a compass, elevation and some other neat things. Although that old system was a bit painful, I wish they would have kept those features

1 - 6 of 6 Posts