Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to order a DS HSE next week, but I have a couple questions for you veterans. First, in another thread someone mentioned waiting to order a 2018 model for the Ingenium engine. Can anyone tell me more about that? Second, I'm definitely getting the Alpine White exterior but I'm unsure about the interior. I like the look of the almond interior, but apparently most people go with black. Can you almond-interior-owners tell me if blue jeans stain the seats? (A common complaint online about beige interiors in general.) Do you regret going with the lighter interior?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Heard of the Ingenium engine which if approved for North America, would be a step forward compared the Ford sourced 4 bangers we have been used to.

Land Rover's site does not have any info on the 2018 lineup so I can't even see if the engine is approved yet.

I hope the Ingenium engine gets paired with the more snappy 8 speed tranny like the Jaguar F Pace uses. I really don't like the 9 speed tranny where you never really get to use all 9 gears.

I love the new body style that the 2018 is showing off - more aggressive looking front and rear.
Also glad to see they removed that silly & non functional gray plastic hood cover which was supposed to have a pedestrian airbag system that never got approved for North America.

As for color, I have the Fuji White exterior with almond interior. I much prefer this combo because I live in hot weather state. Finding this color combo was more difficult when I got the DS - most were black interiors which resists stains from showing. As for almond leather staining - no problems with blue jeans. Can't say anything about the almond pleather / vinyl surfaces. The included leather care bottle keeps the leather looking good and stains off BTW.

Do remember to get the climate seats (heating and cooling) as they are the best value and comfort for the money.

Other options is obviously a personal one.

I chose the DS over the Evoque because of the 3rd row seat option. Had to have the 5+2 passenger ability.....

My next Land Rover will probably be the new full sized Discovery (LR4 replacement) - it has more features and room I would like to see plus it's familiar to me as the DS layout is the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On the UK forum someone posted a pic of his MY18, it looks identical to MY17, no changes to the front bumper. Perhaps HSE Lux will look different?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alpine White exterior was our colour choice for our DS HSE Lux. We lived the Blue Jean experience in a LR3 Beige interior. So we went with black interior this time around. I wonder if we should have gotten the apps media with the bigger touch screen. The inline 4 sounds agricultural however no timetable for the new engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts