Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The interior door handle (the pull one) has come loose. doing some research i think that it is this part

I dont need a new part, but does anyone have any instructions as to how I can get in there and tighten it up myself. Its the one to pull the door closed, not the one to open and closed.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine has a silver plastic trim piece that just snaps on. It came off the second day I had it. I put it back in place and gave it a good smack with the palm of my hand and it's stayed in place ever since. The piece you linked to looks a bit different from that trim piece on mine so I'm not positive the fix will be the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has a silver plastic trim piece that just snaps on. It came off the second day I had it. I put it back in place and gave it a good smack with the palm of my hand and it's stayed in place ever since. The piece you linked to looks a bit different from that trim piece on mine so I'm not positive the fix will be the same.
Thanks….I tried my best, but I think what I was trying g to point out was the fancy leather pull just above that. Would you get to it by popping out what you mentioned. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AWESOME. just what I needed. What is the “suitable tool” the mentioned? Any tips as to how to do this without actually mucking up what isn’t loose? Thanks for the help.
Ian
Also….if I need new plastic bolts/clips etc….what is the part number or whatever they are called and how does one acquire said part

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
Go to your dealer's part department with your model and vin number and they can give you all the part numbers and any parts needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts