Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had been driving with 100% pleasure my disco 2016 for 1 and half year until I found a weird and big noise coming up from the front interior (please refer the attached image. The main noise-occuring part is the one under the ignition button and the left of center fascia).

Firstly the noise was made during the vehicle power on, so I assumed it was caused somewhere with the navigation or media part or speaker parts. I turned off the engine and the sound was gone too. Yet when I open the front left door, the sound made a noise again. Weird.

I tapped the part several times and the sound got little bit weaker but still the noise is still there.

Does anyone experience any similar of this noises or be aware of this? I searched the internet and found one clip where the noise is somewhat similar with mine and the owner commented that it was the navigation problem. But for now, since I found the main part of noise and it doesnt seem like it is connected with the navigation.

Thanks in advance for your any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
It could be the small fan and sensor that most cars connected to the climate control to sense interior temperature. But just a guess

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It could be the small fan and sensor that most cars connected to the climate control to sense interior temperature. But just a guess
Thanks for your input. I also assumed it is sth related to a fan connected to the climate control but dont know anything to manage it to be fixed.

And- updates on my situation.
I am not sure this related to anything with the interior noise but today i found out that when i turn on and off the highbeam, it makes a very loud ticking sound.

I arranged a service-in at my dealer in 2 weeks, and I will post here what has been wrong with this for the future forum database. Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
348 Posts
The car uses one bulb for high and low beam "bi-xenon" the sound you hear is the reflector changing position to go from low to high.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car uses one bulb for high and low beam "bi-xenon" the sound you hear is the reflector changing position to go from low to high.
Thanks! Good to know the fact that they are using one bulb. Okay.. but weirdly it makes a ‘very loud’ changing sound, meaning that the reflector may be out of position or something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts