Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can put the information from your own vehicle and get interesting results as per the effect of speed on fuel economy. The results are only good for cars sold in the U.S.A. naturally but with a little math skills you can calculate MPG in U.S. gallons, MPG in Imperial Gallons or the world wide L/100 KM

Click on "penalty for my car"

According to the web site and my math skills ( Some help from a calculator)

At 50 MPH or 80 KPH my car should get 35.97 MPG U.S.,,43.19 MPG Imperial or 6.54 L/100km

at 70 MPH or 112 KPH my car should get 27.54 MPG U.S,,33.08 MPG Imperial or 8.54 L/100km

For those who have roads where the average speeds can be higher the cost per mile/kilometer rises even faster.

Will I slow down probably not, but the fantastic fuel economy on a slow drive may be worth one trip . That way I can brag about cheap the car is to run LOL(y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I check the Journeys segment of the Land Rover app, I usually get around 30 mpg (U.S) on the highways doing between 65-70 mph. On most fill ups, the computer estimates my range at 440 miles. I don't think that's too bad for a fairly heavy SUV. I usually keep my Eco score on the infotainment system around 98%.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco1

Do you do the math or trust the Landrover computer. My car fuel economy readout is almost 20% optimistic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I need to do the math. Those figures were from the computer. It would be interesting to see how much it might be off.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally after 1 1/2 years will be taking a short trip of about 500km one way. I am going to try my hardest to keep within the speed limits and do less passing in the mountains. I had taken a similar trip with the grand kids a few years back so I can compare the fuel economy between the 2 trips. No sport mode and I will activate the dreaded eco button.

let's see if the U.S.A. EPA is accurate.

Will be going in late September, provided no more travel restrictions because of Covid, no road closures due to forest fires and no more lock downs🤞

1 - 5 of 5 Posts