Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just a question here. I am currently shopping for a compact luxury SUV to replace my Ford Edge when it’s paid off. I just wanted to ask about the reliability of the Discovery Sport as I live in a cold climate area, my wife goes to work every morning at 7:00 AM. So to all the Discovery Sport owners that live in Canada or a cold place, how has the Discovery Sport been? What are its ups and downs?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
600 Posts
First not all of Canada is cold LOL. Southern Manitoba is for sure ! But items like the heated windshield are great in cold or damp locations as are heated steering wheel and seats (but many other cars have heated seats) Car is heavy so it helps in keeping car stable in cross winds on dry roads and icy roads as well.
A/C is great as well, the highest temperature I have driven in was 43c and was comfortable in the car.
Only down is poor fuel economy in the city,,heavy car ,but great on the highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First not all of Canada is cold LOL. Southern Manitoba is for sure ! But items like the heated windshield are great in cold or damp locations as are heated steering wheel and seats (but many other cars have heated seats) Car is heavy so it helps in keeping car stable in cross winds on dry roads and icy roads as well.
A/C is great as well, the highest temperature I have driven in was 43c and was comfortable in the car.
Only down is poor fuel economy in the city,,heavy car ,but great on the highway.
...and that’s exactly where I live! Southern Manitoba where it is -44 Celsius most of the time! How is your car in the cold when it starts up?

·
Super Moderator
600 Posts
I left Manitoba many years ago , after shovelling my driveway way to many times. But in -10c it starts the same as in +40c. But modern cars start much easier in any climate, last car I drove in the prairies did not even have a block heater.
I have not read any reports of cold weather problems in any forum.

Lots of black ice and hills around me and car has never lost traction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have fixed lots of small things under warranty. We drove everything similar and felt it was the best vehicle in it’s class. Easier to get in and out than the Edge, because the floorboard is flush. We wanted something capable off road, didn’t the the Edge would make it.

Reactions: RDynamic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have fixed lots of small things under warranty. We drove everything similar and felt it was the best vehicle in it’s class. Easier to get in and out than the Edge, because the floorboard is flush. We wanted something capable off road, didn’t the the Edge would make it.
Thanks for the info! It seems like the warranty is crucial when owning a Land Rover!

·
Super Moderator
600 Posts
Most cars will need warranty work in the first few years and then pretty troublesome free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts