Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New member. Glad to be here. Could someone tell me what type of spark plug the 2018 Discovery Sport
with the 2.0l Ingenium gas engine requires. I called a shop that handles service for LR, but all the could give me was
Land Rover's part reference number. I couldn't find it in the owner's manual either.

Thanks.
Just an aside: I don't understand why Land Rover would keep the actual spark plug manufacturer's code from
the owner. seems counter productive. It couldn't be they want the cars to be serviced exclusively at the dealership.
That's too obvious and ridiculous in this day and age.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
567 Posts
Not sure how many KM's on your vehicle but spark plugs have long life. Try a site like Bosch and they should have a replacement.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Bill. The car has 108,000km and the manual states the plugs should be changed at 201,000km. Unfortunately The dealership
that services my car doesn't seem to want to divulge the manufacturer or the model no. of the plugs. I will try Bosch and see if they supply the plugs.
Thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, New member. Glad to be here. Could someone tell me what type of spark plug the 2018 Discovery Sport
with the 2.0l Ingenium gas engine requires. I called a shop that handles service for LR, but all the could give me was
Land Rover's part reference number. I couldn't find it in the owner's manual either.

Thanks.
Just an aside: I don't understand why Land Rover would keep the actual spark plug manufacturer's code from
the owner. seems counter productive. It couldn't be they want the cars to be serviced exclusively at the dealership.
That's too obvious and ridiculous in this day and age.
Here you go. This is what I have installed in mine. They are pre-gapped as well. I recommend changing the ignition coils at the same time. I went with Bosch as opposed to Delphi since they have a lifetime warranty.
D32F3421-A58A-495D-8787-FD8081BB13D4.png ED66A1FB-E6C3-46DD-9CF6-4A0F600C34ED.png

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go. This is what I have installed in mine. They are pre-gapped as well. I recommend changing the ignition coils at the same time. I went with Bosch as opposed to Delphi since they have a lifetime warranty.
View attachment 7724 View attachment 7725
Thanks Very much for the information. I wish the rep at NGK was as helpful. He just referred me back to Land Rover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts