Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the map updater again (for 2015 DS). I was able to register an account. Found an updated map of North America (26.1.9755). It's $120 to update the Nav card. I haven't done it yet. Anybody try it yet to see if it's worth it? I usually use Google Maps on my phone, but it would be nice to have the updated maps in the car just in case, but don't know if it's worth $120 (although that's a lot less than DVD upgrades for prior cars).

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would check eBay or other sites that sell the SD card with the latest maps for a lot less - that's what I did when I had my BMWs...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if this works: copying the data from a loaner DS's SD Card and then loading that data onto my DS's SD card? Not sure it's too legal, though. ;-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried the map updater again (for 2015 DS). I was able to register an account. Found an updated map of North America (26.1.9755). It's $120 to update the Nav card. I haven't done it yet. Anybody try it yet to see if it's worth it? I usually use Google Maps on my phone, but it would be nice to have the updated maps in the car just in case, but don't know if it's worth $120 (although that's a lot less than DVD upgrades for prior cars).
There is 26.3.9846 version available, can anyone confirm if it has significant improvements over 26.1.9755?

·
Registered
39 Posts
After calling LR NA I was told to perform maps update and to send them copy of an invoice. Check should arrive shortly. Great service after all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts