Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately this will be my first truly negative post of the 2017 LRDS HSE. This is in regards to the InControl Touch Infotainment system.
We purchased the InControl Infotainment system as an option for US$3000.
Being in the computer security field I won't allow the system to be "always connected".
So the solution was to use the wireless connectivity to connect to and utilize Internet resources (Google, maps, etc) using a Wireless "hotspot", and disconnect when not in use.
We just found out the hard way that it is completely useless.
Once in Drive and in motion the system locks you out of using the feature.
So - a vehicle that is designed to move and get you places - won't allow you to use a very expensive feature while moving.
Even the passenger (that's what we would have done with the ability) can't use it.
No documentation that we can find, you just have to discover it. Same thing with enabling the HBA feature, no documentation (we had to have the service guy show us how to enable it).

So my take is that it was a monumental waste of US$3000.
IMO, even the Meridian sound system isn't all that great. I can build a better sounding system from Radio Shack.
Bottom line is that we paid US$3000 for a 10 inch screen.

Along with the other issue (very poor documentation, auto start/stop, sluggish acceleration/transmission valve, stuck shifter knob, squeaks, service charges $$$, etc) my formerly positive opinion is dropping quickly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sadly I am with you.... The vehicle has so much potential... looks great, great off-road heritage....classy, modern.
But can't tolerate some of those basic issues.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a Pay as you go, data only, sim that I insert in the boot (sorry Trunk) when I travel and need connectivity.
Works fine for me. Just top up with credit as you need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts