Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but recently purchased a 2016 DS HSE, and I am a bit confused over the InControl suite of stuff. I know about the two buttons on the ceiling for breakdown or crashes (which have been set up), but what about the Apps (via smart phone Stitcher, parking finder, hotel finder, etc.) and the Remote (where you can monitor/start the car, unlock the car, etc. via smart phone).

I wasn't sure whether those connections are options that had to be added, or can be connected with any car via smart phone or what (salesman wasn't very helpful). Also, are there usage fees associated with the Apps or Remote? Doesn't seem very clear to me. Thanks
:eek::confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's my understanding that you have to have the option which includes InControl Apps to use it. I really don't think it's a big deal since I have an Iphone 6S and just use the Apps on it. The Remote start App is the only one that would be sorta cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a 2016 DS HSE and the deal is telling my that InControl is only on the 2017 +... I'm so confused. I know mine doesn't have the apps but I should at least have the remote, correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have a 2015 and have it. As I understand it is free to use with a couple of basic apps. The parking finder etc I think is with the premium version which has a subscription.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 and the InControl Remote works with it as well. I am curious if anyone has the Route Planner app working - I have tried unsuccessfully to get it connected multiple times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2016 DS Sport Lux does have InControl, all functions work great. Called my local LR DLR and they helped me set it up over the phone calling from my house. They requested the VIN number, and I needed to access to the vehicle while on the phone with them. The vehicle needs to be parked in an open area so they can update the system via satellite. Only took about 10 minutes and the set up was complete. Also downloaded some of the LR apps onto my iPhone and it all connects & works well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone have the "Apps" (AKA "Land Rover Apps" app) working with the regular InControl Touch (Not Pro) stereo?

I have the "Remote" app set-up, registered and working for remote start etc, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the actual apps to work (aka so you can more directly control Spotify and other apps they allow directly).

The only thing I can figure (unless I'm completely missing something simple) is that these only work with the Touch Pro, but haven't been able to find anything that states that feature is only compatible with the Pro's...

2018 Disco Sport HSE, InControl Touch with Meridian.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wasnt aware of this feature until Fall of last yr. You have to contact the dealer and the tech dept will send some signal to yr car and you confirm via the flashing lights in the console. The remote start and temp is quite a nice feature

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I have that portion activated and it actually has been working flawlessly so far. Seemed a little frilly at first, but its been handy.

I meant the actual "apps" that function kind of similar to CarPlay. The app is Land Rover Apps, as opposed to Land rover Remote.

Should be able to select it from the infotainment system when the phone is connected, but I can't find that and am not sure if something isn't enabled or if its only a feature with the Pro. According to LR's compatibility checker, it should work with the Regular touch, but I don't have it available.

Wasnt aware of this feature until Fall of last yr. You have to contact the dealer and the tech dept will send some signal to yr car and you confirm via the flashing lights in the console. The remote start and temp is quite a nice feature

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I have that portion activated and it actually has been working flawlessly so far. Seemed a little frilly at first, but its been handy.

I meant the actual "apps" that function kind of similar to CarPlay. The app is Land Rover Apps, as opposed to Land rover Remote.

Should be able to select it from the infotainment system when the phone is connected, but I can't find that and am not sure if something isn't enabled or if its only a feature with the Pro. According to LR's compatibility checker, it should work with the Regular touch, but I don't have it available.
Ah I see. I have yet to really look into the LR in car apps. Seems will take a while to do/setup i'll check back when i have a chance to venture into it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Will let you know after I talk to the Dealer, but this seems to be yet another option as opposed to a capability of the system itself. I'm guessing mine wasn't "built" with it, which unfortunately will also mean it can't be added.

Not the end of the world, but I was kind of hoping it would be a consolation prize given CarPlay isn't going to happen.

I’ve tried to get the Apps and I think I’m in the same boat, just doesn’t seem compatible with my system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a '16 and I've used the Apps. However it's a terrible system. I've tested Spotify - the pros are that the album art shows up on screen and you can switch what you're listening to (vs just skipping songs), HOWEVER the cons are that it has to be connected via USB and if your phone locks it STOPS playing.

Because Land Rover has put zero effort into this app/technology there are very few integrated apps, so you're really just better off using your bluetooth to connect your apps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I've pretty much given up on the apps at this point.

May go this route: https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-store/Land-Rover-Discovery-Sports-2016-~-onward-InControl-Touch-Audio-Integrated-Android-Auto-&-Apple-CarPlay-Package-Kit-p103061670

I've got a '16 and I've used the Apps. However it's a terrible system. I've tested Spotify - the pros are that the album art shows up on screen and you can switch what you're listening to (vs just skipping songs), HOWEVER the cons are that it has to be connected via USB and if your phone locks it STOPS playing.

Because Land Rover has put zero effort into this app/technology there are very few integrated apps, so you're really just better off using your bluetooth to connect your apps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts