Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new Disco owner here (used 2017)..just brought it home today, and I tried to log into the Incontrol app and it's telling me that apparently the app is registered under the previous car owner. Does anyone know how I get this changed?

So excited to finally be a Disco owner!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sadly for me this took the dealer 3 weeks to fix for me. 2 things bothered me...

1. The dealer kept telling me that my 2016 HSE didn't support this. Grr, it was on the window sticker.
2. Not updating the owner information with LR right away allows the previous owner continued access to track the cars location, start it and unlock it.

Let me also add, they inputted my name into the system wrong so when I called LR Customer Service to enable it took longer.

Dealers need to take setting this up and transferring owners more seriously on used vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ugh I just went to set mine up, bought a used one on Friday and yep it's linked to another account. This is irresponsible of the dealers to not handle this properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sadly for me this took the dealer 3 weeks to fix for me. 2 things bothered me...

1. The dealer kept telling me that my 2016 HSE didn't support this. Grr, it was on the window sticker.
Did you find that after you got it fixed it was supported? I was told not all features are supported on my '16 HSE like remote start, but I can turn on the windshield warmer apparently. But I have to go get them to unlink the account which I'm not happy about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What works on my 2016 HSE In-Control App (this was on my window sticker).
- Beep and Flash
- Unlock/lock
- Status of
- Windows, Doors, Trunk and Hood (Open/Closed)
- Remote Start, and setting target temp
- Journeys - trip logs
- Vehicle Health Report / Status of Gas, Coolant, Brake fluid, Brake Pad Wear, Tire Pressure, Tire Monitoring System Stutas and if service is due.

Process to get it enabled.
- Once dealer gets your information into the Land Rover System - call Customer Service +1 8003463493
- Customer Service will verify somethings and walk you though enabling the service on your car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Remember that after your dealer updates the info, call Land Rover customer service and have a PC or Mac in front of you.

Don't try to start or activate the app from your mobile device yet.

A real computer is needed to initially setup the account with your password.

Once that is done, you can start using the mobile app with your login and password you just set on your computer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
InControl registration on used Discovery Sport

Yep, just bought a used 2016 Discovery Sport HSE Lux. Even though the InControl was still registered to the original owner - for me it was easy to change and get it working.

1. Using my desktop computer I went to the URL as instructed on page 177 of the owners manual, to register an account.
2. During the process of registering an account you must input the last eight digits of the vehicle VIN. At that point it stopped me saying the vehicle is registered to another account and contact your dealer. Yikes :(
3. Called my local dealer, (lucky) got someone on the phone that knew how to take care of this and he said he would call back in a few moments. He called back in 30ish minutes and spent about 15 minutes on the phone with me and cleared the previous owners link to my VIN#. (He then also found the account I had started creating using my email address) Then he had me go to the car, start it, and press the button with the wrench near the glasses holder & the rear view mirror until the light flashing changed then he said we were done and the system would be working in about 10 minutes. However first I had to finish setting it up on my PC using a link that he sent me. I followed the prompts using the link and I was done setting up the InControl system after another 10 minutes or so.
4. The link he sent at the end also contained another link to download the app to my phone which I did next. You need your account email & password here so make sure you record it for later while your creating your account.

With the phone calls and everything this consumed about 2 hours of my time to get it working. I think is OK since I did not need to drive to the dealer and try to find someone to help me. Win!! So now I will purchase accessories and service from this dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought 2018 Disco Sport SE Petrol couple of months back. Since this was the first one in India, their where lot of confusions on the spec. Currently the vehicle has not been provided with the Navigation card, also the audio interface seems outdated. I have been using the system just like the way a traditional Car audio connects, however the BT connectivity and all are pathetic.
Need guidance on whether the vehicle supports InControl App, if not how to upgrade the same.
How to install the Navigation card to enable Navigation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts