Discovery Sport Forum banner

Incabin filter

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Peaandham 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2016 discovery sport hse. Need to replace the incabin air filter. Can't find a you tube video or info of location. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

G
#3 ·
Icurbones16 -

I found this from a thread last year. Hope it helps...

Just did this today (sorry did not take pictures). The pollen filter is behind the center console, it is access by removing the panel below the glove box on the passenger side, this is near the fuses that are behind the glove box. There are three (3) clips at the bottom edge furthest away from the windshield. Once you have that off look under the dash, toward the center console and you will see a white door with three spots where is clips closed, in our discovery, one of the clips was partially blocked by a metal tab on the bracket that secures the fuse box and wiring loom to the firewall, I had to bend that in a bit to allow me to unclip and remove the white door. Once the door is off you have access to the filter, although there is not clearance to pull it straight out, so you need to bend it in as you pull the filter out. Take care to note the direction of the air flow (toward the passenger compartment) so that you put it back the right way. To install just reverse the procedure.

#4 · (Edited)
Cabin filter replacement

Did this a few weeks ago and getting around to posting. It takes some contortions to get this job done and it is not one of those tasks you want to rush.

Located in the front passenger foot well area below glove box.

Three clips hold cover in place (pic 1, 2 and 4)

Gently pry loose clips with flat screwdriver and remove cover.

Cabin filter is on left side behind white cover ( pic 3 removed and 5)

Tight quarters require bending tab back out of the way ( pic 6, 7, 8) so cover can be removed.

Once cover is removed pull filter out. It will take some carefull maneuvering as quarters are tight.

Put new filter in and ensure air flow is correct.

May need to release wires from holder to get new filter back in. Take your time as it is a real hassle!

Replace cover and re fasten wires if you removed.

Place trim back in place and push clips back in.

Attachments

#6 ·
I have done this job twice now, if you're going to do it remove that wiring harness, I have a video I should upload somewhere took me in total about 15mins or so it is tedious and you should take your time, but nothing broken and it went smoothly.